This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. mutran

mutran Mutran

From what I get, Halo of Blood is the second song and All Twisted is the ninth.
    Maybe the third (S.f.S.) is Slowdance but with another completly different words, don't know. Seriously, I really loved that title.

2. krofius

krofius Active Member

What we know for sure is that B.B.M stands for "Bodom Bloody Madness".
    Seriously though, I'm assuming that song is the song with Bodom in it.

3. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

Or maybe Bloody Bodom Murders? It seems like a safe bet to think that's the Bodom song, it has two B's. Gotta say, the artwork and title were nothing like I expected, but a pleasant surprise!

4. ZOMG_A_COW

ZOMG_A_COW Testicle Inspector

Tracklisting:

1. Waste Of Skin 4:16
    2. Halo Of Blood 3:12
    3. Scream For Silence 4:09
    4. Transference 3:58
    5. Blue Bodom Moon 4:14
    6. The Days Are Numbered 3:40
    7. Dead Man's Hand On You 4:57
    8. Damaged Beyond Repair 4:20
    9. All Twisted 4:51
    10. One Bottle And A Knee Deep 4:01

5. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

Where did you get all these informations? Thanks

Don't you say "Trondheim" for a song?

6. ZOMG_A_COW

I googled, "Halo Of Blood Children Of Bodom Album". Found this. Looks legit.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=aFZGUfGHB42xqwHp14DQBg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhalo%2Bof%2Bblood%2Bbodom%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1C1CHFU_enCA517CA517%26biw%3D1206%26bih%3D963&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=pl&u=http://datapremiery.pl/children-of-bodom-tba-premiera-plyty-7546/&usg=ALkJrhiado1CjeERw-hmrb6BbRfXKLHQhw

Lol, I meant Trondheim for a working title. That's what they said anyways

7. siavash

siavash Fifth Element: METAL

I wish we had some longer songs. The fact that no songs are over 5 minutes disappoints me.

Also, I wonder what portions of that picture will be cropped out for the album, since it is way too long too fit a jewel case.

8. Marowak

Marowak Member

I don't think Bodom need songs OVER 5 minutes. Towards Dead End is about 5 minutes and that's perfect. Anymore and it would be overkill I think.

The artwork is fucking perfect. Probably my favorite album cover to date, even besting the classics.

9. baldymort

baldymort Member

It sounds like the last song is going to be another thrashy (roadkill morning or northpole throwdown) style song. I really hope not.

10. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Well that's exciting! If those songtitles are accurate I am pumped, they look very good. The "Halo" part makes me form a bad connection to Machine Head, but hopefully that word is all the new album will have in common with them. Pretty cool artwork, and even if the artist is not the one who did the old covers, it looks pretty old style. March 25th can't come soon enough!

A slow song doesn't have to be boring, but for a drummer (and one into death and black metal like Jaska) a slow song can be pretty boring to play. A relief during live shows, but boring to record/play by itself. Not saying he actually feels like that, but it can be like that very often.

Bottom Of The Barrel is a great song by a member of this forum though, done for an album we did in the off topic section of the forum.

11. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

im VERY curious about the new bodom song "Blue bodom moon" i sincerely hope its back in the genre of the old days :D

12. ZOMG_A_COW

I don't know about you guys, but the title of the 4th track (Transference) sounds fucking cool. It's not brutal or anything it just sounds badass and unlike any of their titles thus far. It's definitely my personal favourite title out of the tracklist...

13. siavash

siavash Fifth Element: METAL

Ditto. Sounds more like a Lost Horizon or Gamma Ray song title. I'm just hoping it's melodic.

14. EvilKatarn

EvilKatarn Jaaniöö, Bodomi Öö

So, one might even say a Silent Scream.

15. krofius

krofius Active Member

LMAO when I wrote ''Bodom Bloody Madness'' earlier I thought of the exact words ''Blue Bodom Moon'' too, what a fucking guess that was. All in all the titles are good/ok in my book.

16. ZOMG_A_COW

Haha that's awesome! And shit, did I write down "Blue Bodom Moon"? Because it's actually "Bodom Blue Moon". I must have confused the two words when I was typing out the track listing. Apologies to everyone who has been thinking it was "Blue Bodom Moon" this whole time LOL.

17. kilon

kilon I told you!

Album cover looks quite nice. Font of the album title is pretty bland though. Why put 'of' in a different font? Because it's just like Children of Bodom?
    Tracklisting is surprisingly good. No really silly titles like Pussyfoot Miss Suicide (maybe One Bottle And A Knee Deep). Actually you can say that these are some of the more 'mature' titles of Bodom so far. And most titles seem to have a similar theme going on, which doesn't have to mean anything, but looks quite nice.

Oh, and the best part of the google translate:
    So the impression I'm getting from google translate is that the album is much more a wall of sound approach, with slightly less melodies, but still has plenty of old-school Bodom influences..And track 10 seems like a waste of space.
    We'll see...

18. krofius

krofius Active Member

Ah damn then :D At least I was thinking in the same vein as they were. Bodom Blue Moon does sound better though. A Bodom color sounds cooler than a Bodom moon.
    Actually, the font is the same on the ''of'' as in the ''Children of Bodom'', it's the font on HALO and BLOOD that is a different font. I like it though. I love that the ''f'' looks like a reaper.

19. kilon

kilon I told you!

With a total time of (very) roughly 40 minutes it is the longest album for them. For what that's worth.

20. valkokukka

valkokukka I can still feel it

I tried to do better than Google and translate song descriptions, but original text is written really figuratively and I quickly noticed that my English is failing me big time with this piece of text. :Spin:

1. Goes straight to the point without intro. Angry Bodom style neo-thrash but compared to couple of the latest albums surprisingly melodic. Slick solo.
    2. Start with spoken sample after which ton of bricks fall down. Heavy as a stone house and not any smoother. Song includes blast beat part and might be most death metalish – or at least angriest – Bodom in long time. One of the three best songs on the album.
    3. Guitar melodies having hit potential. Guitar and keyboard are weirdly in-harmonic, that makes one think South of Heaven by Slayer (though it doesn't have keyboards). Vocals are without melody and expect the odd vibe song doesn't leave any recollections after first spin. Solos are pure gold as always.
    4. Very angry song. Same kind of weird vibe as in previous one, but scales creating guitar/keyboard contrast meet sweetly in unisono point.
    5. Harrowing, yanking lead workout, technical and orchestral hits that are familiar from 90s Bodom.
    6. First song of the album having a riff that makes you want to have one man circle pit. Fastest song of the album, whiplaster-neckbreaker riffs and synth-staccato/orchestral hits having Warheart clarity. One of the three best songs on the album.
    7. Weird Bodom western, time spent in States starts to make it appearance in the Alexi’s music. In Bodom framework song can be called almost ballad, but instead of sweet moments song is better fitted to running over cats with a road roller. Atmosphere is something like Metallica meets playing skills meets anxiety.
    8. Good riff and angry song, spreads like flu but hurts more. Longest lead alternations. It’s weird that song maker lives most of the time in the sunny California but still makes their angriest album.
    9. Starts with traditional 666 riff and briskness of the song is close to thrash. And we also got Jau Jau. One of the three best songs on the album, maybe best one.
    10. Weird Humppa (humppa=Finnish music style) Punk song that limps weirdly. Verses pull and solos are like from other different tempo song. No recollection after first spin.

And hi CoCOB, Sleeper & Joonas :wave: