This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Physicx

Physicx Member

DONT TEASE US, GODDAMMIT

2. Firen

Firen nothing wild

Guys, we're doing it again. Giving another new Bodom album ungodly high expectations. That being said, I am excited.

3. kilon

kilon I told you!

Looking a bit around the internet, it seems like almost everyone gets excited over the cover art and song titles. Even those who gave up after FtR. I think this could be the definitive make-or-break album for a large group of fans. If it goes back to the style of the older albums they will get a massive popularity boost and regain a lot of older fans. If it is more similar to later albums that group will give up for real and COB will be stuck with the younger fans.

Either way the band will stay to be one of the more popular (extreme) metal bands, but the type of fan will be decided with this album.
    Maybe.

4. valkokukka

valkokukka I can still feel it

I love this speculative phase when we have album art, song titles and random weird notes and opinions from some dude that already listened to it. But yeah, album art (especially hands under ice) is cool, I'm more excited for this album that I was for previous one, based on nothing. Now I just want to hear single or something :)

edit:
    Tägtgren mentions new Bodom album briefly in latest Soundi (3/2013): Album sounds really angry but, in a way, controlled. We have formed good working relationship. Alexi is sometimes a little impatient with the vocals "it's fucking good already, let's move on" and I need to talk him to give few more tries. We have interesting working hours, usually we start around nine pm and continue until 7 am.

5. predator2353

predator2353 Member

Not excited at all.

[​IMG]

6. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

7. mutran

mutran Mutran

Cool. One of the biggest mistakes on RRF was the lack of anger, among other things...

8. Marowak

Marowak Member

Agreed, but lets hope it balances out well. Blooddrunk focused too much on anger, and ended up have less melody and classic Bodom elements. If the Peter was strictly referring to the vocals, than angry=better. I don't want anymore "heavy" groove metal riffs in COB.

9. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Thanks, looks pretty good :)

And I agree, speculation and artwork and so on is cool (particularly after being detail-starved for so long), but now I want a single or a COBTV (Henkka we're holding you to that one!) or something.

10. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

It's so lame how articles relate Peter to Marduk and Amon Amarth (with whom he worked on an album in a studio or something...) when he should be known as the man behind Hypocrisy and Pain... so lame to make such mistakes.

Waiting for new reviews from the first listening session.

The artwork of this album (title as well) is simply fucking perfect and exactly what I was dreaming about here for ages and pissing you off by repeating it in every post... cross my heart the songs are equally killer and atmospheric.

11. UnknownSoldier

12. (__Joonas__)

According to a new review posted on Interviews:

The album is heavy even on Bodom merit.
    There's some boringness, but also some of the most interesting Bodom in a long time.
    The first song starts fast.
    It's an even more technically challenging album.
    There's fast and slow stuff.
    Blast beats dominate the album.
    It's aggressive, but less catchy melodies than on early albums.

Why the fuck did they include this Roxette song in the album instead of Cruel Summer? Why pick shit instead of gold? This sounds more like the band I suppose. I don't like this vibe. This shitty decision just took away much of my faith. I don't want my sacred Bodom CD to end with a disgrace like this...

On the other hand I can't imagine how Alexi's gonna pull off the vocals to Cruel Summer... I wouldn't mind a female vocalist. It would be an epic song to end the album with! It really would. Catchy, melodic, black humor hinting to the murder day.

I hope it's killer and sexy and atmospheric and melodic. I now have the impression it's got darkish riffing but it's mostly very boring and nothing too memorable. I suppose that's the downside of this album. I want to believe it's got some electric stuff in in. But this news about the album being boring and this Roxette cover make me cautious.

Back to reality I suppose. Well, waiting to hear the better songs.

13. BazsiBazsi

BazsiBazsi Member

Looks good! Cant wait to hear it, we need a single ASAP! I feel the "Damage Beyond Repair" gonna be the single song...

14. (__Joonas__)

I lost some of my faith after understanding on the reviews it's not very rich in ideas. For sure this album will have its downside and upside like every COB album.

Single maybe in a month or two?

15. chb

chb COB Hate Crew Member

I read on cobhc that there would be two cover songs, banannarama and roxette??

16. (__Joonas__)

I hope the riffing is energetic like an evil master plan. I want some brutal ear sex with atmospheric keyboards manifesting the orgasm.

17. HLiNa

HLiNa Member

Cool your head down Joonas ffs, everything's gonna be ok! :D

New Hypocrisy album will be out tomorrow, maybe that will ease your mind for a day or two.

18. mutran

mutran Mutran

This is a letdown, but there will be more and moooore reviews, don't worry Joonas :)
    With this review it seems like a Blooddrunk part 2, with the first one it was like FTR feats BD.

Anyway... you can end the album with One Bottle, don't listen to Sleeping in my car like the final one, it's easy.
    It's what I'm going to do, whatever is Sleeping or Cruel Summer.

19. Firen

Firen nothing wild

20. (__Joonas__)

Yeah, tomorrow Hypocrisy. Checking out some new tracks.

#1620 (__Joonas__), Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015