This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Norbix

Norbix Member

The thing about new COB songs is that you have to listen to them at least 10 times to start digesting them. Are these reviews based off a listening session or do they actually have a copy of the album? From what hear the "back to the roots" seems to be more of regaining that youthful aggression and not so much the atmosphere. Gotta wait and see..

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

The first half of Black Widow is pure gold... song's got some of the best orchestral hits ever... while listening I feel nice thinking about stabbing my knife through some bitch's throat who recently fucked with me...

3. krofius

krofius Active Member

The Hypocrisy album actually came out yesterday, at least for Swedes. And the album is DAMN good actually. Great year for Melodeath so far, Soilwork's new album might be the best album of the year and Hypocrisy's was really good as well. Now it's just CoB, Kalmah, Dark Tranquillity & Amon Amarth coming up in and all before/around summer and I have a feeling it's a good year for melodeath. Going to be a kickass year.
    I hope that was some sort of a metaphor dude, lol. Otherwise...HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

4. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

Adrien Begrand (Metal writer/contributor to http://MSN.com , Decibel, Terrorizer, etc) on twitter:

"Got the new Bodom today. No time to listen to the whole thing yet, but the first track is sufficiently Bodomy."

5. (__Joonas__)

:) Fans are drooling for any bits of information, then some dude just has to sit down on his computer and type to us how he's too busy and tired listening to the new album which he happens to have on his table.

6. mutran

mutran Mutran

What the fuck is an orchestral hit? At least in the COB world.

7. (__Joonas__)

3:08 one of Bodom's best. It's done with the keyboard (such as with D from four different octaves) and empowered with the small brass plate and pedals on the drums I think...

#1627 (__Joonas__), Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  8. lazicob

lazicob Member

Halo Of Blood on the white vinyl fuck yeahh i want it

9. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

One will be for a release and other for another, I guess one for Europe/USA and the other for Japan or something like that ;)

Sounds good. Wonder if they'll be as good with the album protection as they were last time. If I remember correctly RRF didn't leak or if it did was very very late, less than half a month before the album was out at best. I don't know how but they did a great job.

10. krofius

krofius Active Member

I think the most classic ones are the ones from Downfall.
    Listen around 2:13 into the song. It's basically like when you pick a character on Tekken or something, if you know how that sounds...

#1630 krofius, Mar 21, 2013
  11. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

12. valkokukka

valkokukka I can still feel it

13. mutran

mutran Mutran

Hahahaha, this is unbelievable!
    I've spent like two years wondering what kind of sounds are that parts.
    One of the reasons I love HB is because it's full of this orchestral hits. They're like "powerful" and have this kind of action video game feel, love it.

Reading the translated summary of yesterday's review I think that Jaska is showing us what he did the most of Blooddrunk, the blastbeats. I don't like them very much, but it also says something like new rhytms, so we'll se.

All in all, I'm not currently waiting the next chapter of the classic trilogy but a combination of the last 4 albums in the best possible way.

14. chb

chb COB Hate Crew Member

Aha ok great, thanks.
    Or rather damn, coz i would like both being there. Gonna have to buy the other on itunes then.

15. HLiNa

HLiNa Member

I can't think of any moment on BD with blastbeats.. Jaska did some only on SW and HB, and then maybe at the beginning of SKO (which is discutable).

This is what I call 'blastbeats':

#1635 HLiNa, Mar 22, 2013
  16. ZOMG_A_COW

ZOMG_A_COW Testicle Inspector

HLiNa is right, there weren't any blast beats on Blooddrunk...they were only on SW, HB, and SKO off RRF. Anyways I fucking love blast beats. LOL

17. Hellhounds On My Trail

He does a very quick blastbeat pattern on the beginning of 'Hellhounds on My Trail' as well.

18. HLiNa

HLiNa Member

User frisovandaalen on last.fm wrote: "Got the promo of the new album. More dark songs, titletrack contains blastbeats and it's way better then their previous album. Have to listen it more to give a more decent review though..."

19. mutran

mutran Mutran

And in Smilex and DWE,DFN I think there are some blastbeats, not as brutal as the video upon me.

+ Dark songs and better than RRF, cool :)

20. Exedo

Exedo Member

Hope this wasn't posted before, but you can ask Roope questions on Mobile Backstage (Video shooting is on Monday).

Just preorderd the CD, maybe the Making Of on the Digipack Version is COBTV 4.