This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Conerts, Higher Prices, longer sets?

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by Heliotropic_Rose, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Heliotropic_Rose

Heliotropic_Rose in the soil beneath

Would any of you be willing to pay almost double for an Opeth concert, or any concert really, to have twice as long of sets. I mean Opeth's song are long, so you only get to hear 9 songs in concert, i myself would gladly pay double to hear at least 15 songs, i know that's alot, but the band could take longer intermissions so they could play without getting cramps and shit. Fuck opening bands....I'd rather this happen...your thoughts?

2. deliverance

deliverance ecnareviled

to be honest, i don't like when bands play for like 3 fucking hours (i.e. Iced Earth). on the other hand, i'm pissed when bands play like 4 songs. i think the length of opeth's sets now (like 8 or 9 songs) is good. i wouldn't really be down with paying double the price to see any bands play double the set.

3. NFU

NFU I like pie.

personally, id pay regular "concert" prices for an opeth show as it is...i enjoy the band that much....so to double the set would only make me happier. i dont go to shows much anymore, so when Opeth is in town...its the highlight of my year.

4. The_Human_Abstract

I'd be willing to pay more to see Opeth even if they did keep the same set length. Last time they were in the UK i went to as many dates as i could get to.
    As for support bands........ The shepherd's bush gig was very good even if it seem abit odd not having a support but it made it all the better.

5. Shadows Skulk

Shadows Skulk New Metal Member

I would pay double if it meant shitheads like Devildriver would be out of the picture and that Opeth would take the extra time to play older material.

6. Heliotropic_Rose

Heliotropic_Rose in the soil beneath

yeah, wasn't devildriver totally lame, Mikael said he thought they were heavy as fuck and he liked them, but I dont' care I think they sucked ass!

7. the_3_toed_sloth

the_3_toed_sloth Massive member

I would pay plenty to see Opeth - hell, im going to have to fly over to Oz to see them as it is. Longer concerts would only make this better.

8. Inconium Guard

Inconium Guard An Apostle In Triumph

Not that it has much to do with concert prices, but I didn't really want to start a new thread...

Anyone know or have statistics of Opeth's album sales, for each album? I'm just interested to know how each album sold in comparison to their others. The only things I do know are that BWP outsold Still Life by 400% (according to Mikael) and that Damnation actually cracked the U.S. billboard 200 charts...

9. Luz

Luz Cowgirl From Hell

Well, I have a video where Opeth played only 5 songs in their tour with Nevermore. To be honest, I didn't like Opeth only played for 45 minutes, perhaps that tour was only a small part of the main one...I don't know. But if I had been there, I'd have bothered a bit, seriously.
    \m/

Luz.-

10. Demoke

Demoke This is the Almighty:

I wouldn't pay double for double time. For me 90 minutes to two hours is okay. I suppose I couldn't concentrate so much on the music after that time.

11. FUBAR

FUBAR Member

3 hours is probably too much of a good thing