This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Congrats to Magic Mountain on your new arrival

Discussion in 'The Things We Are Not Supposed To Talk About' started by lasercd, Apr 26, 2012.

1. lasercd

lasercd Man Behind The Curtain

Karl Goring aka Magic Mountain is the proud father of a new Boulder 865 amplifier.

Welcome to the Boulder family! :kickass:

2. Magic Mountain

Thanks Ken for the recommendation! The amp sounds awesome with my Thiels (loads better than the NAD M3). Look over your sholder though, my wife may have taken a hit out on you :D. Next I am going to have to upgrade my cd player.

3. lasercd

There can be only one answer for that: Bricasti M1. www.bricasti.com

You can demo it in my room.

4. Magic Mountain

Unless I'm missing something the M1 isn't a CD player. I was looking at the Ayon. What is your opinion?

5. lasercd

I only heard the Ayon gear at CES 2 years ago. It sounded quite nice but until I have it in my room I can't really give any qualified opinion. The gear is designed in Austria. There seems to be some question as to where it is actually manufactured - Austria or China.

It happens that I have a gorgeous Accustic Arts transport that I've been too lazy to list on Audiogon. I can give you a "deal" on it. Matching it with the Bricasti M1 would be an amazing combination that I'm confident the Ayon can't touch. Check out the review of the Bricasti M1 at Stereophile. It was on the cover of the February issue. John Marks and John Atkinson think its the state of the art (at the moment of course). New version just came out that is USB equipped.

6. Magic Mountain

I guess by transport you mean it just sends the digital signal and then the M1 would be the digital to analog converter? I looked at the rear of the M1. How would the transport connect? By the way PM me with what the Acoustic Arts transport and M1 would cost. Thanks.

7. lasercd

You connect a transport and DAC via a digital cable. You need to hear the Bricasti before you buy it.