This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cool Ear Training / Chord Reading / Notation Reading practice website

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Djabthrash, May 1, 2013.

1. Djabthrash

Djabthrash Member

Cool Ear Training / Chord Reading / Notation Reading practice website :

http://notationtraining.com/treble-chords-practice

You guys might dig it.

I just tried the ear training and god do i suck !!! Need to practice at least 5 minutes a day to get this right at some point !

2. aviel

aviel Member

Thanks. I am really bad in this thing

3. Ericlingus

Ericlingus Prettiest Hair Around

damn I need more practice. I've been working on this during my weekly guitar lessons. Usually I do ear training by him playing an interval and me telling him what the interval is rather than one note at a time. I keep forgetting the previous note! Only got 47.2 percent after doing it for 10 minutes :( Great site for practice though. Thanks!

4. abt

abt BT

There is a serious floor on this site. I've done a lot of exams over the years and they always give you the first note for reference. It's easy to get 100% after that. If the practice was to name the interval you don't need to know the first note name.

This is super easy to learn, here's the trick, you'll never get it wrong after you learn this:

http://www.earmaster.com/intervalsongs/

5. SwambA

SwambA Processed Chicken

Great websites thanks!

6. chesterfieldblues

Yes, interval exercices are much more useful than any ear training requiring absolute pitch.

The main goal for any modern musician IMHO is to recognize any mode just by hearing it (to achieve this, you'll have to listen to every mode and identify interval differences...for example : the sixth between aeolian and dorian and so on).

It is a relative long work, but REALLY rewarding in composition, arrangement and jams.

One tip, maybe : try to sing these interval differences anywhere, anytime, it will strengthen your skill (no need to really sing it with your voice, you can sing it in your head)

-edit- I've found this app for android, it should be useful for beginners https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.exaybachay.pearfree&hl=fr

I've just launched it again and there's also an exercice where you have to sing required interval, tried it and works great