This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Counterfeit Metal albums on eBay and other online stores

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Geese, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Psychonaut

Psychonaut God Of Emptiness

I'll buy bootlegs if there was never a factory release like live albums and rare cuts... shit like that. If it's an official album, it's originals only.

2. whiskey funeral

whiskey funeral Mother North

Same here.

And this is a very helpful thread. Thanks to the person who made it and everyone posting their contributions. There isn't a whole lot we can do to stop these people from selling fakies so to at least warn others about shady sellers is the best thing to do.

3. Thoth-Amon

Thoth-Amon Hypochondriac

I bought a Temnozor and Nokturnal Mortum CD from Deathgasm and they both look and sound completely authentic. If they are fakes they are damn good ones.
    On the other hand I bought some Bathory, Cradle of Filth and Metallica CD's that were from France and Russia... I don't know if those are the real thing or not but they sound identical to the standard versions... only the packaging was slightly different. It didn't say anything about Import versions, et al in the descriptions when I ordered them.
    I have bought a few Slayer shirts that I'm pretty damn sure are fake though... they looked very real in the images online on EBay but when I got them they look suspicious. But they were cheap and I can give a few away as presents since I haven't worn a couple of them so... no biggie.

4. Terror Firma

Terror Firma New Metal Member

That Graveland album has been released with four different covers. You just got the most recent pressing from No Colours.

5. Thoth-Amon

Thoth-Amon Hypochondriac

correct... i've had no problems with deathgasm... excellent selection, prices and fast delivery

6. AchrisK

AchrisK Weakling

Anything said to be on Zardoz Music/Mystic Empire is a Russian fake. I got Living Death - Protected From reality on this label. Sounds and looks ok, but I would prefer to have official releases.

7. AchrisK

AchrisK Weakling

Legit Seller:

I have heard that anything from pricekillers001 (Japan) should be legit.

8. George

George Member

I bought 2 cds from them and they were the real deal.

9. Unsanctum

Unsanctum Member

theres a lot of it going round, i got a fake version of an exhorder album recently as well as the sarcofago back catelogue, can't fault them like, i mean theyre impossible to find, so at least someones printing them even if its not all above board etc

10. Geese

Geese New Metal Member

I'm not doubting you but here's a quote that's been really bothering me from Metal-Archives' forum:

11. Thoth-Amon

Thoth-Amon Hypochondriac

well i'll avoid them then... but the cd's i bought look as authentic as it gets really... i'd be shocked if they were fakes

12. Geese

Geese New Metal Member

13. MasterOLightning

MasterOLightning Optimator

I know this cover is not on Metal Archives, but it looks pretty legit. If not, it's the best looking bootleg I've ever seen. Besides, why would anyone who went to the trouble of reproducing every other aspect of the packing perfectly screw up something so obvious as the title on the front cover? The most reasonable explanation is that this is a reissue from '06 or '07 that didn't make it onto M-A. I bought mine within the year. It's clear that in the past No Colours made changes to differentiate the presses.

I can't speak for this seller on any other counts, but I'd feel confident this album is ok.

14. KevenZ

KevenZ New Metal Member

all LLN stuff on ebay is fake/bootleg.

15. Geese

Geese New Metal Member

Yeah, I think you're right. The matrix on that one and the Celtic Winter album I bought from Deathgasm are very convincing too.