This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Current Celtic Frost tour

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Evil?, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

Has anyone here seen CF on their latest tour? I am thinking of going to see them but it is a bit of a drive. Any thoughts on the show would be appreciated.

2. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Tyrants and Slaves

I might see them in early November if I have ample cash reserves, but I've already have two concerts lined up for the next two months.

3. Jreg

Jreg Totally rad.

There were plenty of old tunes, certainly more old than new material, so if you're not keen on Monotheist, it won't make a big difference. But one thing that kind of threw me for a loop (and perhaps this is just the guitar geek in me nit-picking) was hearing all the old stuff tuned down half an octave like on the new record. In some cases, it really altered the feeling of the songs, and it's somewhat frightening how much "Procreation of the Wicked" sounds like a Monotheist track when slowed down and played at that tuning. Their stage presence was not much to write home about also. It was pretty fun to see them (plus 1349, for that matter), and it's commendable to see an old act like them reunite and actually press forward instead of milking their legacy as much as some other bands have been recently, but it really wasn't worth the unusually high price I paid to get in, and it wouldn't kill me if I turned back time and skipped it.

4. Death Animal

I did see them few montsh ago.
    They played old classics and new songs.
    Just make sure that they play in some dark place so the gig look better.

5. Jrgen

Jrgen Hin håle

I saw them at Wacken and they were just brilliant. The older songs sound really great tuned down a bit and without the poor production. Celtic Frost managed to create an atmosphere that would be hard for any band to beat. Although I suppose it would decrease the experience a bit if you were to see the band at daytime. They're definately a band that should be seen at night.

6. LivingCadaver

LivingCadaver Cause à effet.

the beginning of their set was heavy as fuck! It was awesome, they mostly played songs from "to Mega Therion" and "Morbid Tales". That's one of the band everyone should see at least once in their life.

7. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

Thanks for the input guys. I am leaving in about 45 minutes to drive to the gig. It will be a nice dark place. It is good to hear that they are playing the old tunes. It is nice for a person like me who never had the chance to see them back in the day, to here the old stuff live. I'll let ya know how the show was when I get back.:kickass:

8. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

Ok, so I saw the show last night. Celtic Frost ruled as expected. They sounded very very heavy. Was a good experience.When 1349 played you could not hear anything. It jsut sounded like a roar of noise. Occasionally a riff would make itself heard but not enough times to be an entertaining set. Sahg was alright, the dudes voice sounded really high and whiney.

The local opening bands were funny as hell. The first band that played sucked. The second band was actually good and I enjoyed their set. What made me laugh is that they were called NecroDemon. The third band had me smiling the entire time. This is because it was a bunch of high school kids in corpse paint. They brought out a big inverted cross and medieval weaponry to add to the comic value. The kid actually had a good voice though and they were not aweful, they only looked retarded.

Edit:
    So true.

9. sumairetsu

sumairetsu Joker's Favorite

Got my ticket to see them in about 2 weeks. :kickass:

10. Anti-Racism

Anti-Racism New Metal Member

Did they play any of their hits from Cold Lake, Vanity/Nemesis and Parched With Thirst and I am Dying?

Gosh, I hope so.

11. LivingCadaver

12. MURAI

MURAI -

Thanks for the set list.

13. Zephyrus

I'm still debating whether to go. I think I'll have enough money, but I'll have to pick up Monotheist beforehand.

14. LivingCadaver

they only play 1 song from Monotheist...

15. Zephyrus

To Mega Therion is the only CF album I own, but I'm still trying to get into it. I wouldn't mind seeing them just for Circle of the Tyrants though.