This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Dale Resteghini new COB video

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Oct 4, 2010.

1. reignofterror

reignofterror On The Road to Ruin

It seems that any European band starts to slide downhill after trying to appeal to the American market...

If the song titles mentioned in this thread are actual song titles (I haven't been following anything too closely as of late), it almost sounds like it could be a 69 Eyes album, based solely on song titles. :erk:

I'm not going to offer too much of an opinion until I've heard the new material, but I'm hoping it will be taking influence from the older Bodom material.

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Maybe this album gives you some idea of Matt Hyde's way to arrange the sounds:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXkbp2p9rc0&feature=related[/ame]

My first impression of hearing this after the past 69 Eyes albums was the sound world is kind of blank, focused on guitar riffs, when they used to sound more "all over the place" in a good way with awesome keyboard melodies etc, now it feels narrow like wearing a shirt 2-3 sizes too small. Maybe with tighter music like COB it will work in a good way.

3. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

Alexi on set, with Dale Resteghini and Kristen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. (__Joonas__)

Some parking hall and Alexi's wearing the winter hat and white guitar.

5. T3h_Killjoy

T3h_Killjoy Back to fuck shit up

ha ha Alexi is playing Scythe - oh promoting - BUY MY FUCKING SIGS !!!

6. (__Joonas__)

K-Man: So in a hour maybe 2 we will be off the grid. Middle of the woods. No Sat., Cell, or Web. I may just die :/

Why are they going in the woods? Film another video? I'd like that. Take the set to a forest at night and have pyres or light cannons beaming thru the trees and eyes glowing in the dark. But naah.. parking halls are much more likely.

7. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

I was really hoping to see a new signature guitar in this video since a new album is coming out. I guess not. Oh well.

8. Shinaain

Shinaain Huh.

He didn't didn't give a context, so there's really no reason to assume they were "on set" or something. They could have been anywhere. They've been on the road, traveling between gigs, Joonas. America is huge and there are still plenty of rural areas that don't have cell phone coverage or wireless data networks, etc. You can drive major, heavily traveled interstates and still hit patches where there is no wireless communication for many, many miles. That's all.

9. elli

elli Member

From COB`s Facebook page:
    "Video shoot yesterday somewhere in north Pennsylvania. First time we actually didn´t get bored while waiting the next scene. Entertainment was provided, thanks guys. More info soon.
    -J & H"

10. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Sleeper, thanks, but where did you get the pics from?? You keep amazing me :lol:

On the Was It Worth It? topic and all that shit, why are you guys bitching about a song title, which actually tells nothing?? Take for example Downfall, one of COB's most renowed songs. I'm sorry, but the songtitle is as lame as they come, you could just call the song Tomato Sauce. Then, the song is fucking great. So thing is, stop complaining until you hear the song.

About the video, well, I'd rather have T,L&S/IYF kind of videos, but at least they're trying. Can't be worse than Hellhounds :lol: Good to see the Scythe guitar back in business tho, but not happy about the beanie, hair should be loose.

11. valkokukka

valkokukka I can still feel it

:lol: I might be tired but I've been laughing to this comment for couple of minutes. Pretty much sums it up.

Sleeper: thanks for pics :)

12. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

13. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

Whaddya mean "if"? It's almost a given.

14. (__Joonas__)

Don't be so negative. I've accepted it's not gonna be everyone's favourite, but it's gonna be a COB album. We're like kids waiting for Christmas and threatening to kill santa claus if he doesn't deliver the presents you requested. If it lacks an element you were looking for, you can find it somewhere else ;) It's still gonna be very exciting, unless they make something horrible, which is likely not to happen.

15. Woffer

Woffer Member

CHILDREN OF BODOM TEAMS UP WITH WORLD’s TOP SKATEBOARDERS TO FILM NEW MUSIC VIDEONEW SONG “WAS IT WORTH IT?” TO APPEAR ON AWARD-WINNING FINNISH BAND’s HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM.... CHILD...

Facebook update like an hour ago... So let the guessing begin?

16. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

Skatechild..?

17. kilon

kilon I told you!

The first thing that comes to mind is Wildchild but that wouldn't make sense.

But I don't even know if this is supposed to be a hint or something else.

18. predator2353

predator2353 Member

childoholic :erk: ? no pedo !

[​IMG]

19. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

Oh, I'll probably have a lot of fun with it just like I did with Blooddrunk, at least it should be great for the first few spins. It'll probably dust on the shelf afterward though. And I'm not really being negative, I'm being objective. CoB have been pretty thrashy since HCDR, and especially since AYDY, so it'd be counter-intuitive to expect otherwise.

Emo Child? Child rape? Child night, Shovel night?

20. razor001666

razor001666 been where, done what?

I wonder how good Alexi himself is with skateboard. It would be fun to watch.