This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dead Eternity cover

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by serbusfish, Apr 30, 2012.

1. serbusfish

serbusfish Madman with a Box

Recorded a cover of Dead Eternity, I usually film videos to go along with my covers but im not sure if I like the current EQ of the track, so if I could get some feedback on that + what you think of the actual cover that'd be great :)

Here is the link, no need to download the file it will play when the page loads:

http://www.aimini.net/view/?fid=8N8rNAuTtEbnNIBR314y

EDIT: New link, original cover was way too harsh sounding so tweaked treble + messed with drum volume.

2. theNeologist

theNeologist Member

The cover itself is very good! But the mix is a little rough. Actually, its almost of lunar strain quality haha. But there's a high frequency hiss throughout that really works the ears. Did you by chance low pass the guitars...or cymbals...not sure where its coming from but my guess is the guitars. The mix also sounds a bit overcompressed...it could definitely use some widening/space. There's something else with the guitars that gets me...it seems a bit too grainy...then again that could be taste. But again...I think you played it exceptionally well! Nice job

3. serbusfish

Thanks a lot pal :)

Yeah, the mix is currently being worked on, ive been trying to make it sound less harsh without losing clarity, it was recorded with a line 6 toneport so this task is pretty hard! I have done a new mix which I havent uploaded yet, gonna make sure its as good as it can be before I do, but thanks for your criticisms, I appreciate it :)

4. serbusfish

*UPDATE*

Cover now has a video :) I've re-recorded several pieces here and there. Tone isnt the best due to me using a Line 6 Toneport to record, so please try and ignore it and let me know what you think of my playing.

#4 serbusfish, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015