This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dismember

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by JosephAcevedo, Jan 18, 2010.

1. JosephAcevedo

JosephAcevedo Member

Just wanted to know if there are any fans here? I just got the new double disc dvd and it is amazing!!!!!

For me this is one of the most under rated death metal bands ever... They have a unique guitar sound unlike alot of bands.

Plus I think this band has some of the most great melodic guitar solo's without over shredding it like alot of the necrophagist/decrepit birth/que vadis clones coming out... no disrespect to those bands as I am also a fan too.

2. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

Dismember rule. haven't heard new stuff but the first two albums are swedish death metal classics in my book for sure.

3. PureXul

PureXul Member

Absolutely classic band that have their signature sound, yet have managed to add enough wrinkles and evolution over time to remain fresh. I'm looking forward to picking up the new DVD, but these guys seriously need a US tour.

4. Pate

Pate Member

My favorite death metal band behind Death. I didn't know they had a new DVD out, I'll have to look into it.

5. ratanda

ratanda Member

I love Dismember. Are they really underrated? I normally hear most people say good things about them.

6. Spiderpact

Spiderpact West Bench White Trash

Is the live disc you've got the one recorded at their Party San Open Air 2008 Performance in Bad Berka Germany? I was at that show! Dismember are like a freight train live!! That was an awesome show. It also included Behemoth, Obituary, Bloodbath (2nd show ever), and the mighty Bolt Thrower!!! :worship:

Yeah, I love Dismember! They are one of those first bands responsible for the Swedish Death Metal movement, and yet I feel that they still hit harder than just about every band they helped spawn!

7. PureXul

PureXul Member

People say good things about them, but how often do you really hear them get discussed, even in more death metal-friendly forums? There are a lot of lesser bands that get a lot more attention, it seems like Dismember just keeps putting out great material without a lot of fanfare.

8. Burnout

Burnout Faith Puppeteer

All of their releases are excellent. Everyone in this thread should check out the band that preceded Dismember too, by the name of Carnage.

9. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

especially because is it not only pre-Dismember but also Michael Amott (Carcass & Arch Enemy) on guitar.

Dark Recollections is another classic.

10. h3adlesshors3man

i have all discography of this band.. they're superb underground death metal. didn't hear about new dvd tho, i will look into it thanks.

11. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

early Swedish death metal > all

12. Burnout

Burnout Faith Puppeteer

Pretty much.

13. TheGraveDigger

TheGraveDigger Heavy Metal Maniac

Not a huge fan of death metal but thought these guys were great when I saw them at the BWBK 6 Pack weekend in 2004 when they played alongside Grave Digger, Primal Fear, Doro and Metal Church.

14. raising_iron

raising_iron Member

ditto! Saw 'em at BWBK II, awesome set, I have most of their discs, their last album (S/T '08) slayed!, as does most of their catalog. Part of the great Swedish death triumvirate - Dismember, Unleashed, and Grave!