This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dissection split

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Pethical, May 22, 2006.

1. Pethical

Pethical Tom

DISSECTION Announce Plans To Split: 'We Have Reached The Ending Chapter' - May 22, 2006

Swedish extreme metallers DISSECTION have announced that they will be splitting up imediately following their final performances in support of their newly released CD "Reinkaos". In an interview published on the band's official forum, the band's mainman Jon Nödtveidt stated, "What we have in front of us now are a few extremely select concerts that will mark the end of DISSECTION, out of which the Dissection Midsummer Massacre in Sweden on the 24th of June will be the only European concert, as well as the last. We will also make our first and last concert in Israel, as well as two final concerts on the American continent.

"I have reached the limitations of music as a tool for expressing what I want to express, for myself and the handful of others that I care about, and I will now move along to other realms of practice.

"'Reinkaos' has been our only focus for such a long period of time and all the work and fanatic dedication put into the band by each member has been directed into this album. With 'Reinkaos' finally recorded and released I also realize that there is nothing left for me to do with DISSECTION. We have succeeded with our task to manifest, in essence, a truly Satanic record blessed by the dark gods and we have succeeded with our goal to manifest a truly Satanic band! My goal was to bring back DISSECTION with full force and to make it the Satanic unit I always wanted it to be and the tool for completing the personal black magical work that was started many years before. With 'Reinkaos' this has all been achieved and I’m very, very pleased with the result. It wouldn’t even be desirable for me to follow it up since everything that I ever wanted to express is in there. That's why we now have decided that this is the time to move on and where DISSECTION no longer will be an active band. So it's a great victory for me to move beyond this phase of personal becoming. With 'Reinkaos' we have reached the ending chapter. DISSECTION's work is done and this is our legacy.'

DISSECTION's June 24 in Stockholm, Sweden, dubbed "Midsummer Massacre '06", will be filmed and recorded for a "massive DVD production" and a live album.

On June 27, 2006, DISSECTION's classic "The Somberlain" and "Storm of the Light's Bane" albums will be reissued in the U.S. by The End Records. The remastered CDs will come with multiple bonus tracks, previously unreleased material and new layouts.

(Thanks: www.khaeotica.com)

---

Ok this is just idiocy. Whilst you are just in the beginning of promoting your new album you break up, saying because you are happy with it, thats it. this has got to be the wierdest break up ive ever seen. There go any hopes for an Australian tour. :(

2. The Apparition

The Apparition Porpoise McSalamander

Yes how extremely strange? That can't be the true explanation can it?
    I think Storm Of The Lights Bane is one of the greatest metal albums ever. I haven't even bothered listening to the new one because i know i'll be disappointed, from what most people have said it's pretty average.

3. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Which could by why they've decided to split up. Considering how much hype there was with Nödtveidt getting out of jail and reforming the band and stuff, this is very strange.

4. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

Nodveidt is probably clinically insane - i thought everyone knew this?

5. Pethical

Pethical Tom

i actually think the somberlain is better than storm. why am i the only one? hahaa they are both classics though of course. i had little faith for the new dissection to put out a truly great album especially when it is/was only 1/4 of the lineup that put out the first two albums

6. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

This is very sad news indeed. Makes me even more happy that I caught them live at Wacken last year :D

And I'm really loving Reinkaos. I think I might be one of the only ones.

7. maiL huma

maiL huma Collingwood forever

Nope - I reckon it's awesome.

8. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

ok so there's 2 of you ;)

9. Ikil

Ikil Member

Well, thats a shocka! Didn't see that coming.

I must say, I wasn't a fan of the new album at first, but I am really digging it now. Its a very good album. Shame its not like the early material, but what do you expect? 10 years since your last album, there is always gonna be a change I'd think.

Probably a good thing that they have broken up but. All the best to them.

10. Hubster

Hubster ...

The end & the beginning are always interweaved. No doubt the end of Dissection will mark the beginning of something new.

11. Slave Of Love

Weird! A shame.. I hope Reinkaos is better than the e.p they released about a year ago or however long... It was ok, but just ok (in my opinion) where as "past..." "somberlain" and "storm" were brilliant.

12. Biscuit

Biscuit 21/16

w3rd

13. DoomLordDTR

DoomLordDTR Metal Overlord

Their new album is crap Meloldic shit!