This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Diviner - Christian traditional metal

Discussion in 'Theocracy' started by SeaStorm, May 24, 2018.

1. SeaStorm

SeaStorm Member

I mentioned this band in the "what are you currently listening to" thread awhile ago, but they deserve their own thread.

Diviner is a Greek metal band on Theocracy's label (Ulterium). I describe them as traditional metal in the 80s American vein with Christian lyrics. This album has been in regular rotation for me since I got it last year (it came out in 2015). I just love it; I really hope these guys come out with a follow-up album!

Here's two of my favorite songs, plus the full album...

Fallen Empires:

Sacred War:

Full album:

FEZZILLA likes this.
  2. FEZZILLA

FEZZILLA Member

I'm more into vocally oriented metal but that wasn't bad old school metal!

3. The Metal Reb

The Metal Reb New Metal Member

I'm not where I can listen at the moment...how are the vocals?

4. Aish!

Aish! -Аиш!

The vocals are a bit rough, so not to my taste. Pity, the music is really good.

5. prometheus7

prometheus7 Graphic Artist

I love this album and the vocals. Definitely has a Dio vibe to his singing. They announced the other day that they have another album in the works. Yay!

6. FEZZILLA

FEZZILLA Member

Its definitely not bad for old school metal. Though I prefer metal with much better vocals. But that's not an insult to Diviner as they are a good metal band. I just wish some real serious good Christian metal bands would come out where the vocalists are actually better than Geoff Tate. I think its dangerous for metal music to stay in the past. We must move forward and improve our music. This is the right time for metal musicians (especially Christian artists) to take command over the music Industry. But it takes the right stuff to do it an so far I haven't see a single act in the United States that can complete with the worst and most untalented bands of Europe. This must change or metal music will soon become the next polka. Good news is, if Christians start singing like Christians again we can conquer the entire music industry. There is a whole lot of nothing going on in the mainstream music today. This is called a void and all great artists know when and how to fill that void.