This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Diviner - Fallen Empires

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Fire breath, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Fire breath

Fire breath Member

No one posted this yet it seems. Well it rules especially the singer he's awesome. I should say these guys used to be InnerWIsh the very good Greek power metal band.

#1 Fire breath, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Tommy3328

Tommy3328 Member

I did pre-order this a while back, looking forward to it arriving!

3. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

Some more detail here...
    GREECE’S DIVINER PREMIER “KINGDOM COME”; AUDIO

"...Greek heavy metal band, Diviner, will release their debut album, Fallen Empires, on November 20th in Europe and North America on CD, LP and digital, via Ulterium Records. The vinyl edition of Fallen Empires is strictly limited to 300 copies worldwide...
    ...Fallen Empires is a very strong heavy metal album that keeps the legacy from the genre but at the same time sounds new and inspired. Perfect for fans of bands like Accept, Dio, Judas Priest and Iced Earth. Mastered by Peter In de Betou (Arch Enemy, Opeth, Amon Amarth)....
    ...Their sound influences cover a very wide range of metal paths having classic heavy origins and melodies, blended with modern crushing riffs, groovy rhythm sections, powerful vocals and an overall up to date approach...."

[​IMG]

Pre-order at this location.

Diviner is:

Yiannis Papanikolaou (Rock ’N’ Roll Children, ex-Innerwish) - Vocals
    Thimios Krikos (Innerwish) - Guitar
    George Maroulees (4bitten) - Guitar
    Herc Booze (SiXforNinE) - Bass
    Fragiskos Samoilis (Innerwish) - Drums

#3 KingsGene, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  4. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

5. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Power metal is a simple recipe; killer riffs, huge vocals, thunderous drums, anthemic melodies. Despite the fact that it's not a genre given to a high standard of deviation, the difference between bands I love and bands who bore me can often seem quite subtle. One band makes me reach for the skip button, while another makes me reach for the volume knob. Diviner fall into this latter category and their music definitely goes to 11.

To my ear Fallen Empires is a melting pot. It blends a modern production and approach, while it clearly takes its queues from the genre’s standard bearers. You need only spin this record once to recognize the members of Diviner own more than a handful of albums by Dio, Manowar and Maiden between them. Yet despite the fact they wear these influences on their sleeve, the songs never feel contrived or as if they’re simply following a well-worn path. Rather Diviner gets it. Rather than waste a single moment trying to reinvent the wheel, they choose to simply ride full speed ahead and deliver a record with ten excellent, neck-snapping tracks. While I wouldn’t quite put it on par with Dynazty’s Retanus, Fallen Empires has similarly hit me like a ton of bricks and will certainly find a spot in my Top 10 of 2015.

Side note… they seem to have a sound that’s tailor-made to lay waste to Atlanta. Take note gentlemen.

6. labrekk

labrekk Member

Yes, I think they'd fit very well at a future ProgPower. An excellent album and most likely the best newcomer of 2015 for me.

7. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

8. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

This album simply kills! I've enjoyed the heck out of Fallen Empires, since hearing about it on this thread. Excellent metal!

9. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

I got this as couple of weeks ago and it is as monster. Total Annihilator and Iced Earth worship but done so, so well.

10. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

11. The Invisible Guest

This disc rules .. it was top 5 for me in 2015! What a fantastic debut!

Britt

12. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Diviner was easily Top 5 for me as well. And InnerWish is going to be Top 5 for me this year. Apparently Thimios Krikos is the fucking man. One of these bands needs to be on next year's line up.

13. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder