This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Do you like dark rum?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Apr 28, 2018.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

As many of you might know, I was a party beast in my 20's. Then one night under lavender skies in the Mediterranean I was swimming, one with the original elements, and suddenly knew I could be sober. I spent nearly seven years totally sober from alcohol and non-smoking. Well, now I'm spiritually mature enough to control the urge to drink.

So I've had a few rums or cognacs once a week. The real stuff, no more fake sugary shit. Dark rum especially makes me feel like I'm sailing on a dark stormy ocean in a wooden ship. It relaxes me. But I'm wise enough to know there are better ways to feel high than over-consuming.

Spring sun, lakeshore, rum, listening to a speech about art...

2. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

I'm not sure if I've ever even tried dark rum. Tried Jack Daniels once as Laiho used to drink it. Tasted like shit. :D

3. (__Joonas__)

These real drinks you must treat with respect. Watch their exotic colour thru the sun, feel the sensation of their smell and how it reflects the earth and the history and the land they were created in, then sip in small doses.

4. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

What bullshit. You splash some coke in a 'real drink' and then it's sorta drinkable else it's just a waste of money.

5. (__Joonas__)

I thought it's a waste of money to throw real rum/whiskey/cognac into coke? It's the same amount of alcohol whether you drink it mixed or straight. :D I guess rum is most natural with cola, but they're so distinct, drinking that is a strange experience, it's neither good nor bad. Dunno man, I love sipping rum. Don't have to stuff up yourself with tons of liquid. And no hangover, which is strange indeed.

6. (__Joonas__)

I'm looking for a dark rum that's dark, tastes strongly like rum, but not "spiced" with sweet stuff. I had one of those during the Pain gig, just don't know what it was.

7. mocobhc

mocobhc Member

Then try to taste the Dictador Solera 20 once. Or of Ron Zacapa Centenario XO Solera 25. Probably not what you'd get at a gig, but maybe in the direction what you liked. I found them extraordinary.

8. (__Joonas__)

That stuff is hideously expensive, would love to try tho.

Can you hear the call of the beach?