This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you or do you not? modern question...die by the sword

Discussion in 'Katatonia' started by LifeDepraved, Oct 11, 2011.

1. LifeDepraved

LifeDepraved My soul got a crack

How many of you buy music??? I'm not talking about mp3 crap either...physical releases...

And do you have a stereo system, or prefer to listen on inferior little computer speakers?

2. Skaldir

Skaldir formerly known as Unicorn

I still only buy CDs and mostly listen to them on stereo systems. But I also haven an mp3 player which I use when I am outside. :)

3. Lisra

Lisra starlight spectre

I buy CDs regularly. My computer is hooked to a stereo system but I vastly more enjoy abusing father's stereo when I'm at home every few months. *g*

4. °scarlet°

°scarlet° i breathe to memories

i sure do.
    nowadays i mostly buy vinyls but i buy cds as well. occasionally i also buy tapes (demos, mostly).
    i do have a stereo system but i have neighbours too so i can’t use it just whenever i want to.
    when i listen to something on computer i do it almost exclusively with (good) headphones.

5. Francis Xavier

Buy CD's, yep; in my car main place listen to music. Recently got an mp3 player. DO buy as well; MP3s - depends on band

6. downandunder

downandunder Member

Buy one CD a week, play it on stereo/computer/in car. I love opening a new cd, looking through the booklet and just discovering it completely.

7. Code Against The Code

I own over 500 CDs and the list will continue to grow.

8. Heliotropic_Rose

Heliotropic_Rose in the soil beneath

yeah that's about my cd collection, probably around 400, I have never owned any kind of mp3 player or ipod, although I think i would like to get one eventually and put all my cd's on there, just to have a digital back-up of all my stuff.

9. isolation_years

honestly i stopped buying cds, because i found i would rip them to my computer and then never play them again haha. but for albums i really like i tend to buy the vinyl release of the album. i think good musicians deserve to be compensated for steller music.

i have an old setup for my record player, optonica record player/amp, realistic equalizer and these nice old marantz speakers. i think my dad paid like 2000$ for them like........30 years ago :lol:. the amp is shit now and needs to be cleaned, but the rest of it is top quality still.
    i listen to my ipod for day to day listening. got some decent 40$ panasonic headphones and some good large sony ones too.

10. Lisra

Lisra starlight spectre

I usually rip CDs and play them via my computer too.. but I just like owning CDs, having a look tghrough the booklet, that kinda stuff. That's just nice to have, really.

11. Coma323

Coma323 Member

I mostly buy cds, vinyl only from time to time. I listen to everything on my 160 gb iPod since I can listen to it anywhere (home/work/traveling).

12. LifeDepraved

13. BlueSky

BlueSky New Metal Member

Physical media is still king in my book. However I'm not a "collector nerd" that needs fifty version of the same record, so standard CDs are fine by me. I've come to the point where I like to listen first before making a purchase, which is the bright side of the internet. Tool is probably the only band I'd go out and blindly buy their record without hearing it first.

I almost always have music playing when I have the chance. A lot of the time it's through my comp, but for serious listens I use my in ear monitors as they have great separation and even response for replicating the actual mixes of records.

14. isolation_years

i agree i dont like collecting every version of everything, only dupes i have are from box sets

15. LifeDepraved

Only band I really have duplicates of are from Katatonia or if I like a bands album so much I'll get a vinyl version for home and cd for on the go.

16. Anthony3

Anthony3 I Am Nothing

I buy CDs, from the bands I care about. I never listen to the actual CDs, mp3s only. I don't own a stereo. My 5.1 PC speakers do a good enough job.

17. wanderlust_

wanderlust_ Member

It absolutely depends on the band. If the music means something to me and the band is important to me I buy their CDs. It's different than buying mp3s... something still feels kinda cheap about that. There's something special about having the physical CD.

18. hugot

hugot ¿QUÉ?

I still buy music. I'm starting to love vinyl (have bought around 100 in the last 1.5 years) :)

19. Vincent J.

Vincent J. Member

I buy cd's regularly and listen to them mostly on headphones linked to my Macbook Pro, 'cause I don't have good speakers at home. Besides that I buy a whole lot on iTunes too. Usually when looking for specific songs without having to go through the trouble of buying the whole cd and ripping that one song I want

20. wanderlust_

wanderlust_ Member

I actually found this bright pink (!) speaker system that works quite well, and it's hooked up to my Macbook Pro as well. It provides for a much better listening experience than headphones.