This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you play in a band ?

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by Nemesis_lxix, Feb 28, 2006.

1. RampageSword

RampageSword AWARE! BEWARE! WAR!

@KC : If it's the first song you are talking about, I totally love it! It's very intense and you really need to pay attention if you want to hear the few drum fuck ups so they don't really show.

2. King Chaos

King Chaos Pomeo Osoponeor

Sorry, it's the song called Letum Interitus... Letum, Cheers for checking it all out zack :).

And I'm glad you didn't notice the fuckups too clearly Rampage... it's just one of the kick drums comes on really loud for no reason at all during some parts.

3. Nemesis_lxix

Nemesis_lxix Drunk Lord's Greasy $@#%*

..... PitsouniCity<Athens<Attica...HELLas (This Me
    I realy love 'em all !

4. Traveler In Time

Traveler In Time In the Dark of the Sun

Just plans, a thrash band and Rage tribute band...

5. ishkur

ishkur Bloody android from Hell

hmm i have a heavy metal band...im the vocals :D ...we only have one song in mp3...and its a cover from iron maiden heh...but it is fun..we have one original already yay!

6. Naku ist krig

Naku ist krig Active Member

What kind of gear are you using to record your pieces? What kind of school you were in anyway?

(My band´s showoff is still to be waited for few days/weeks - depending on my resources and time.)

7. King Chaos

King Chaos Pomeo Osoponeor

Well I'm doing a bachelor of science degree in music technology... Luckily there was a module looking at the sequencing software that I use which is Adobe Audition. It's mainly for sound editing on TV shows and stuff like that, but there's absolutely no reason why you can't use it to musically edit stuff. It's just like, instead of having epic guitar reverb, you sound like you're in a shower or something...

Other than audition I use a Digitech RP100 multi effects pedal (it's really quite a shit pedal) to record the guitar in on the line-in on the computer (that's why it sounds kinda synthetic).

For drums I use GuitarPro4 to tab it as a midi then I take it to my uni, where they have some mint midi modules, and I simply import the file to cubase and use some of the "real drum sound" options. I mean, it's still sounds fake and shit to me (and most other people too), but it's the best option I've got available to me.

Doubt that's been of much help... but yeah, I'm just being resourceful with what I got, which isn't much.