This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Doom metal

Discussion in 'Theocracy' started by Killerah, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Killerah

Killerah Member

Any of you guys like Doom metal? It seems to be making a comeback. I really dig Pallbearer's 2 albums and Yob's Clearing The Path to Ascend. I also used to listen to Virgin Black before I knew they were considered doom metal, they have a pretty nice sound.

This new band Crypt Sermon is pretty good too: http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2...-choice-crypt-sermon-will-of-the-ancient-call

Anyway, I like doom metal. Any other doom metalheads out there?

2. Parched Earth

Parched Earth Isaiah 53:2

I have a very small doom collection that basically consists of Solitude Aeturnus and Veni Domine (if you count them as doom). I like them both (in fact Veni Domine is one of my favorites), but I find that those bands have been sufficient to scratch my doom metal itch. Crypt Sermon sounds decent. I may have to check out their album. Thanks for the heads up on that release.

3. Aish!

Aish! -Аиш!

I bought "Exhumed of the Earth" by Australian doom metal band Paramæcium shortly before I discovered Theocracy. One album was enough to get this out of my system.

4. prometheus7

prometheus7 Graphic Artist

I listen to a lot Trouble, Orchid, Witch Mountain, Witchburn & Christian Mistress.

5. prometheus7

prometheus7 Graphic Artist

Just came across this band called "Hammers of Misfortune" while looking at some doom bands. They describe them as being progressive. They have an interesting mix of doom with a hint of progressive.

#5 prometheus7, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  6. Rawshik

Rawshik Member

Swallow The Sun

7. Arcticspiderwolf

Arcticspiderwolf New Metal Member

I love While Heaven Wept, but it's not really pure doom. More of a doom-power combination.