This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DT - Trail of life decayed (demo)

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by †_Aragorth_†, Nov 17, 2003.

1. †_Aragorth_†

†_Aragorth_† storm chaser

Hey all.

I just found this demo on the net. 4 songs. but what the hell is the last song?? techno track? :OMG: can anyone tell me what was going on there? is that kinda promotion or something? almost felt down of a chair when heard that like 'wtf':D

other three songs...woohhooo...loved them 'at first touch' :kickass:

thanks, see ya:wave:

2. Child of Time

Child of Time Voice of reason

Well, for what I know, this DT-goes-techno song - Archetype - came to life when the band/some of the band members sat in the studio, boozing, and they came up with the brilliant idea: "Let's do a techno song to really annoy all our fans!"

3. Occultor

Occultor Versus the world

I knew someone would mention that song, I just knew it! :tickled:

4. †_Aragorth_†

well this sounds kinda weird for me. I wouldnt play with fans at the begining of my career, especially not with techno song :D

5. Child of Time

Child of Time Voice of reason

I guess Dark Tranquillity is a weird band. :err:

6. Occultor

Occultor Versus the world

I downloaded the demo. Nothing wrong with it :)
    Sounds like it was a good start for the band.

ALTOUGH! .. The "techno"-song was a bit strange :)

7. rahvin

rahvin keeper of the flame

archetype is the fourth and last track on the ep "enter suicidal angels", that was released by osmose in 1996 right before dt's third record "the mind's i".
    the trail of life decayed demo has no techno song in it: just midwinter, beyond enlightenment, vernal awakening and void of tranquillity. pay attention in case you dloaded a fake.

8. †_Aragorth_†

9. rahvin

no problem aragorth (btw... did you have a different nick once? have we met before?), you're just lucky i noticed before "doctor tranquillity" (aka villain) did or you'd be in deep trouble, i assure you. ;)

10. †_Aragorth_†

@rahvin: ;) yep I had different name. it was child_of_bodom666. maybe you will remember me, mostly I was posting on COB and chat boards.

11. rahvin

aaah, now i remember. :) yes, i saw some of your posts even though we seldom talked. welcome here, former child of bodom. :)

12. †_Aragorth_†

thanks.:) seems really nice forum here. see ya around:wave:

13. Villain

Villain Doctor BenQuillity

Ookay... Now that I am here, I must say that Enter Suicidal Angels (ESA) was not a demo, but a mini-CD (or CD-EP, as some people like to call them). It had one song (Zodijackyl Light) that was later released on The Mind's I (TMI) album, two other real DT-songs (Razorfever and Shadowlit Facade) and one techno-remix track (the aforementioned Archetype) made from a few songs of the same TMI-sessions. Although generally heavily disliked by the band's followers, Archetype nevertheless has been mentioned by a few individuals as among the best DT-songs(!) and it has appeared on at least one other CD (some techno-collection, as far as I know). The minialbum ESA itself is often held as the worst DT-release ever, probably largely due to the dislike towards Archetype.

About Trail of Life Decayed, it was the first demo under the name Dark Tranquillity (previously known as Septic Broiler) and despite the rather poor sound quality, some "tr00" fans still think it is one of the best DT-releases ever.

-Villain (Doc T. babling for nothing...)

14. Anton2

Anton2 New Metal Member

I believe this is the right thread to post a collector's question about this demo.

The additional edition of "Trail of Life Decayed" set aside, the regular edition of this demo is usually described as white tape with both sides having the same program. However, a private communication told me that there exists yet another version of the demo - also on white tape, but with two tracks on each side.

Could anyone (would be great if the band members themselves could comment!) please shed some light upon this? Does such version really exist? If so, then was it issued prior to, later than, or in parallel with, the "both sides the same program" version?

Thanks in advance and long live DT.