This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Duncan SH-15 in Les Paul style guitar?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Red Phoenix, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix Member

Did anybody try or uses the Duncan SH-15 Alternative 8 in a Les Paul style guitar? I'm thinking of buying one for my PRS Singlecut tuned to Drop A#. Can't find many clips..only two..one from Lasse and one from Ola..the pup seems to be tight as i want it but the midrange seems to be strange..any other clips or even DIs out there using that pup? Or notes how it suites such a guitar?

greets

2. Mancha

Mancha Member

I used Duncan Custom and switched it for Alternative 8 in my Epiphone Joe Perry.
    Alt 8 sounds beefier than Custom, with less sharp highs. Overall, I like how it sounds in LP.
    I could record some DI`s if you have a riff or part you`d like to hear.

3. Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix Member

Less sharp sounds good..but still enough highs to not sounding dull?
    Oh that would be great! I don't have a prefered riff i would like to hear...as long as it isn't country, blues ;) ...some random heavy riff using open chords, palm mutes and artificial harmonics would be great for judging. Could be something Killswitch alike..Trivium..Gojira..whatever ;)