This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dungeon - What Cds have i got?

Discussion in 'LORD' started by neRok, Jul 9, 2010.

1. neRok

neRok New Metal Member

hi, just wanted to find out what versions of resurrection are out there.

ive got the '99 version, scored it second hand, the track listing matches the wikipedia one, although track 3 paradise, mine is 4:47 and wikipedia says 4:37, is that typo?

im looking at getting the 05 version, found it for sale, the cover looks like a man in a circle of little fires. is this the special edition? the seller said its got the same track listing as on wikipedia, except track 1 is death from above.

cheers.

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Welcome to the forum! :)

Wikipedia is never entirely accurate, so don't pay too much attention to that.

OK, so the 1999 original (extremely rare) Resurrection has:

Death From Above
    Resurrection
    Paradise
    Judgment Day
    Wake Up
    Fight
    Let It Go
    Time To Die
    I Am Death
    No Way Out
    The Legend Of Huma

There were three pressing runs of it, but each run was exactly the same, so if you have the '99 version, you have the only one that's out there.

For the 2005 release, there were two different ones plus a limited edition one.

The main track list for all versions:

Death From Above
    Resurrection
    Paradise
    No Way Out
    Wake Up
    Fight
    Severed Ties
    Time To Die
    I Am Death
    Judgment Day
    The Legend Of Huma

The Aus version had a lava figure rising out of a hole in the ground, surrounded by runes. The EU/USA version was a clock face with a skull over the top.

Bonus track for the Aus version: Playing To Win (LRB/Farnham), Waiting For An Alibi (Thin Lizzy)

There were no bonus tracks for the regular EU/USA version, but the limited edition one had Playing To Win, Waiting For An Alibi and an acoustic/orchestral mix of Severed Ties, plus an entire live CD from Dungeon's 2003 Japanese tour and a MPG of I Am Death, so it's a pretty decent package. :)

Hope that helps!

3. neRok

neRok New Metal Member

Thanks for the welcome. Best forum ive been on coz you're the biggest celebrity ive ever semi talked to lol. Ive got a wall of fame at my house, heaps of signed stuff, do you want to send me something out? Ive almost got enough for an Australian corner, got some damaged, alchemist and devolved signed gear, you could make it a four-some lol.

On topic, do you know roughly how many of the 99 version were released?

And the special edition of the 05 with the dvd, was this a 'digipak' type thing and was it still the clock and skull cover?

When I get home im going to ask about the other albums I got too. I don’t want to collect every single version, but I want to get every song, so gotta make sure I get enough/the right copies.

4. Lord Tim

We're more than happy to deface your CDs if you send them to us! HAHA! (They'd probably LOSE value rather than gain it :p )

I don't really know exactly how many of the '99 ones went out. I know that it went into "3rd pressing", whatever that means. Usually a minimum run is 500 at most pressing plants, and knowing about how tight for cash Warhead was, I'd suggest that would mean "less than 1500 ever made", but you never know - it could mean anywhere up to 3000 or so. (Unlikely, given we were pretty much unknown at the time).

And yes - the digipak had the clock/skull cover on it too.

If you're missing anything, have a look at our online store: http://store.lord.net.au

Do a search on the CDs for out of stock items and it'll show you everything that's currently available (obviously we don't have any in at the moment, but that'll tell you what's actually out there).

5. neRok

neRok New Metal Member

Ah, I was on the store earlier but didn’t see the out of stock button.

Looks like I have the modern invasion releases of a rise to power and one step beyond. Thats probably why they were in jb-hifi. Did these get remastered in any way, shape or form? or made ‘louder’ or anything? I might have to track down the original one step beyond, it has a different song order yer?

Ive got the final chapter with the 2 bonus tracks. Was this ‘released’ only the one time?

6. Lord Tim

There were the original A Rise To Power and One Step Beyond CDs that came out via Metal Warriors. OSB was remixed/remastered for the Modern Invasion release and the bonus tracks that were supposed to be on the original version that LMP prevented us from putting on there when it was first released in Aus were put back on. ARTP wasn't touched (mostly because I can't find the original files anywhere - I'd *love to* George Lucas that one day) but bonus stuff was added on there.

The Final Chapter went into 2 pressings and the second one had a slightly different mix, but otherwise is identical.

Check out the complete list here: http://www.dungeon.cd/discography.php

7. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

8. Lord Tim

That'd be right up there in the "FAT FREAKIN' CHANCE" category. ;)

9. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

im willing to pay :worship::worship::worship::worship:

10. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

hmmm a George Lucas of ARTP... One of the greatest metal albums of all time....

DROOOOOL!!!

11. Lord Tim

Not sure how much I could do with it though, to be honest. We cut a lot of corners when we recorded it to make it recordable into 8 inputs at at time (which was the limit of the sound card in the studio we were working at back then), so I made the decision to sub-mix all of the toms down to a stereo pair. In hindsight, I would have done things a lot differently because there's not a lot that can be done with the drum mix now.

That said, unless I magically find the files again, this is all academic anyway...

12. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I recently did some work on the Dungeon album pages on wiki and the playing times for the Resurrection albums are wildly different to each other. I don't know why. I didn't fix them because I wasn't sure if they were incorrect or not, but I'd say they most likely are.

13. Korensky

Korensky Go forth and DIE!

Haha - did you finally run out of copies of Changing Moods?

Just think of all those poor souls who will never get to hear The Promise! :(

14. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

:lol: That's what Bit Torrent is for.

15. Lord Tim

HAHA! Believe it or not, they were selling for up to $50 by the end! Crazy!

16. Lord Tim

If you mean from the original '99 one to the '05 one (and even to the Rising Power version), none of them would be the same length at all. Each recording was done to a differently programmed click track, and the fade out at the end would go for different amounts of times too, so that's probably what you're seeing. :)

17. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

18. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

no one seeding grrrrrrr:devil:

19. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

just picked up rising power on ebay:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

20. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice