This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

ESP Sucks !!

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by The Child Of Bodom, Nov 11, 2003.

1. The Child Of Bodom

The Child Of Bodom Awating A Dopamine Shock

I just wanna know if there's somebody here who likes the new Roope's ESP ?
    The bastard had a custom shop Randy Rhoads and he changed for a shitty model ! He's fucked up ...

2. Yetti

Yetti Active Member

so what, ESP makes good guitars. it may be damn ugly, but it probably plays pretty damn good. why do people have to be so elitist about fucking guitar brands? jesus

3. Johanna

Johanna merciless DEATH

so what? I dont care, its not me who has to play it.

Sympozium likes this.
  4. the polish bastard

Guitars are very sacred in metal, it matters what kind og guitars they play , ohh it does.

5. Stun

Stun Doomwatcher

Jesus get over it already. If you think the kind of guitar matters you're fucking retarded. If Jackson didn't want to make me a custom guitar and ESP did (like what, a 2000 dollar guitar at least?), I sure as hell know who'd I go with. This is getting to be as bad as the Trooper thing was... well lets not go that far.

6. Johanna

Johanna merciless DEATH

Of course guitars matters but the fact is even if he would have changed by free will, Roope has played much longer than most of you guys so I think he would know what the heck he was getting himself into.... IMO complaints about this are wasted time. but whatever

7. the polish bastard

Johanna's right , long live jackson guitars .. i mean roope knows more than us and he knows that his guitar will kick ass so it doesnt matter who makes it.

8. Sympozium

Sympozium Saprophyte

Exactly. I feel just as you do.

9. Darthlardo

Darthlardo food

Roope is so badass he can use any guitar he wants!!!!

10. RockBodom

RockBodom Member

ITS NOT UGLY , OR BUILT SHITTY GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! YOU'RE BETTER OFF DEAD YOU PRICK! *the child of bodom*

11. delt

delt and his staff

that ESP is a ridiculous joke. and a not very funny one.

in fact, ESP never came up with any new guitar designs, every single guitar they ever made was a ripoff from another company's design. And yes, their custom shop may build decent guitars, i don,t know i've never played on one.... but in general, if you want good quality, DON'T buy an ESP in a guitar store. Many of the old Kramer's were actually made by ESP, and they retail for about 1/3 of the exact same guitar that says ESP on it.

As for sound... well really you could take any yard sale piece of shit and beef it up with a few properly applied effects, and it will sound at least half decent. Especially if you replace the pickups with some good ones. But for playability, intonation, and general quality.......

anyway, as i said i've never played on any guitar that i like better than my jackson's.

12. Yetti

Yetti Active Member

the LTDs can be hit or miss. ive played some pretty decent ones, but ive also played some crappy ones too

13. OutlawCFH

OutlawCFH Wild Child Jr

Both Alexi and Roope have disapointed me with their choice of axes but I don't really care. It's their choice and that's fine if it works for them. I will always associate Alexi and Roope to Jackson guitars,since they were both inspirations for me getting a RR shaped guitar and a Jackson.

Btw,I think Roope's new guitar is ugly but,again,it was his choice,not mine.

14. bobvex

bobvex Teh Forum Fuhrer

So will I. I got my Jackson RX10D because (1), I thought it looked bad ass, (2), It played a lot better than my Epiphone POS 1300, and (3), Alexi played it. Both of the guitars I have gotten have been because i saw my favorite band at the time using it. I discovered Jackson's before I discovered ESP, so I will always look at jackson in a different light, but I also agree with some of the other people here, saying its their choice, and all that.

15. Darthlardo

Darthlardo food

ok whoever is questioning roopes judgement should be kicked square in the mutha fucking nuts. he is 37.87 X better than you so quit bitching! that guitar rocks and the good esp's rock!

and for good measure...........Fuck you!!! :yell:

16. bobvex

bobvex Teh Forum Fuhrer

We're not questioning his judgement, were gving our opinions about his new guitar, and the concensus so far is split about fifty-fifty, between ugly looking and bad ass looking. this blind devotion is mindless, and you should not criticize others for having an opinion that you dont agree with.

17. Lithium

Lithium Gr1m R34p0r

Can neone post a pic of that guitar

18. Regretful

Regretful MY Custom User Title

my first guitar was a jackson, that's the reason why i like them so much :Spin:
    and like Bob.. i think they look badass :)

But meh i don't really care much about what kind of guitar it is aslong as it's good to play on.

19. GhostOfPerdition

GhostOfPerdition G-Unit Gangsta

Obviously Roope likes his ESP, and that's why he's playing it. If you don't like it then you can go cry about it because it shouldn't concern you. If you like Jacksons, cool, and if you like ESPs that's cool too, but you shouldn't care about what others choose to play.

20. Regretful

Regretful MY Custom User Title

^ zing!