This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europe - (almost) Unplugged @ Nalen, Stockholm

Discussion in 'Wolverine' started by Domine, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Domine

Domine Member

I'm watching a recording of the show Europe did at Nalen in Stockholm last Sunday and I just felt I had to share some thoughts about it, simply because I think it's a fantastic gig.

The band sounds better than ever and I really feel they have "aged and matured" with dignity. They're mixing their own songs with songs from other artists that have inspired them over the years and it's a really good mix of material.

The sound is really great and as I said, they play better than ever. To hear "Dreamer" was almost like a revelation and the band probably performs the best version of "The final countdown" they've ever done.

If you get a chance to see the show, don't hesitate! It's well worth the time (the show is around 1 1/2 hour long).

2. beast from the east

My god, when "The Final Countdown" came out back in what...'86 or '87?...I thought I had died and gone to heaven :cool: I thought that was the coolest song ever. And then "Carrie"...well, let's just say that was the perfect tune for a quiet, candlelit evening at home with a date, if you know what I mean :heh:

I'd love to see them play after all these years...Stefan, do you know if it is still the original lineup?

3. Domine

Domine Member

It's the line-up from "The final countdown". That's not the original line-up but probably the best line-up they ever had.

4. ....Clarity........

[ thought I had died and gone to heaven

more like died and gone to hell....:lol: