This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to the Madhouse

Want to help spread the disease my friend? Sign up today!

Europe and Adler next week

Discussion in 'Anthrax' started by mrthrax, May 13, 2018.

1. mrthrax

mrthrax riffer madness

cant wait going to busy week really looking forward to these shows

2. sufferer

sufferer Member

Europe was actually the band that got me into rock and hard rock as a young kid, Wings of Tomorrow is still an epic album to me. Have fun!

3. timmyc

timmyc Member

Not seeing either of those here mate but Sepultura / Death Angel this Wed night!!!

4. mrthrax

mrthrax riffer madness

Seen Sepultura on the arise tour and death angel a few years back,I’m sure they will both be great,I’m getting soft in my old age,got my tickets for der Leppard in November thoigh

timmyc likes this.
  5. johnnieCzech

johnnieCzech Your favourite Czech

I believe Europe might still kick much ass live.

sufferer likes this.
  6. mrthrax

mrthrax riffer madness

I’m thinking the same thing,it will be like seeing an arena band in a small theatre,they will blow the roof off the place

sufferer likes this.
  7. sufferer

sufferer Member

Anyone who hasn't heard Wings of Tomorrow the whole album is on youtube, check it out it's a very raw rock record I love the vibe of it. Not as polished as the multiplatinum ones, just like Tesla's and Def Leppard's debuts which are amazing.

8. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

What sort of venues are Europe playing down here? (I suppose I could look it up but I'm lazy)
    I waited for ages for the Final Countdown 30th Anniversary - Live At The Roundhouse DVD to come out then when it did I watched it once before giving it away. Maybe I'm too nostalgic with some bands but Europe don't cut it for me any more.

The videos of Adler I have seen recently aren't too bad, I'm not sold on the singer but the band appear fairly tight and Adler can still hit the skins.

9. mrthrax

mrthrax riffer madness

plating theatre style,sydney holds 3000,i know some of the shows haven't sold that well because had half price offers everywhere except sydney show,i was gonna wait but didn't wanna risk it,in regards to adler,the singer has been ill,hopefully he recovers better for the sydney show next sat night,been really positive reviews here though,can't wait.

10. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

I don't know how big the venue for the 30th Anniversary show was but it didn't appear that big from what I remember of the DVD and the band just seemed flat and not quite there.

Most of the reviews I've read on Adler are for him, which is fair enough it's his band and people are paying to see him, the rest of the band are just paid players. I'd probably pay just to see Adler play if it was convenient but the signer is always going to be compared to Axl even if it is unfair to do so.

11. mrthrax

mrthrax riffer madness

Europe were simply outstanding,pretty much played for best part of 3 hours

12. aliasp

aliasp Old School since '86

Mates of mine are going to see Def Lep/Scorpions here in Adelaide. Ticket prices were astronomical. I'm keen but I might wait for some cheapy tight arse tickets.

13. mrthrax

mrthrax riffer madness

i got the good tickets,was going to wait but they are playing in a smaller arena and i thought it may sell out,also got good tickets cause they are totally off the hook live!,i reckon u will get the cheap tickets