This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

European tour

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by saiysoFLAMER, Jun 3, 2008.

1. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Surprised to hear DT hasn't really cracked the UK... there seems to be a ton of DT fans wherever I go and you guys had huge support at Bloodstock last year. A shame you couldn't manage at least one UK date in London, maybe at Camden Underground or something, I'm sure it'd sell at least as well as Dream Evil or other bands who have been there. Glad I got to see you guys during Bloodstock and the Eastpak tour last year (despite having to sit through Sonic Syndicate and Caliban).

2. Sephiret

Sephiret Enter Suicidal Angels

I had the same view about Sonic Syndicate, DT were on before caliban in london. :)

I left after DT, I travelled for around 4 hours each way to that gig, just for 40 minutes of music :heh:

I missed Bloodstock last year, I was on holiday in the US, unfortunately Bloodstock is around an 8-hour journey each way from here, so even that's not easy. :p

3. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

DT on before fucking Caliban? :rolleyes: did they get the same length set? because I'm sure on the show I went to Caliban and SS got shorter sets than DT. Soilwork were good, I thought, for what they played. They've taken the same route as In Flames and now play mostly newer shit, which I like far less, but I did get to hear Bastard Chain and Chainheart Machine, at least, plus a few off the amazing NBC album. DT's set was fantastic, but I like their stuff from Skydancer - Fiction(with the exception of about half of Haven) so whatever set they pick is fine for me.

Shame you missed Bloodstock, it was awesome last year. In Flames, DT and Arch Enemy all in one festival with decent sets ! Bloodstock looks amazing this year, too, and I plan to attend it :D

4. Sephiret

Yeah, it's ridiculous I missed, I was quite literally halfway around the world mind :p.

I dont know how long DT got in comparison to Caliban, like I say, I walked right out after the DT set, went round the back and met a few of them.

SS only played about 4 songs or so, so obviously DT got more, about 40-45mins i think DT got, but I really hope no one else got more.

I don't like the other bands that played, Soilwork and SS and Caliban really aren't my thing, I've seen Soilwork before, thought they were awful live, it was enough to make me not see them again.:heh:

5. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Soilwork are OK live, they play the stuff off their albums fairly flawlessly. They just have no real live presence - Speed is a reallly boring frontman(or at least, he was on this occasion), despite performing well, and many of them just looked bored throughout the set. The beginning of Chainheart Machine is absolutely brutal, though o_O

6. Sephiret

Yeah I saw them at Wacken in 2006. Tbh, I think they were pretty bored, only the diehard fans at the front seemed to be having much fun. They had no real stage presence, and when they tried to look cool they looked typically 'emo' the way they swung their guitars and stamped about on stage and headbanged, it was just a bit lame for a metal festival, so i went and watched opeth after, and even they were slagging off soilwork, after soilwork said how great opeth are :p hehehehehehehh

7. Dark_Silence

Dark_Silence Member

i didnt even bother to see them, but i saw Opeth though

8. Sephiret

Yeah - i didnt stay for the whole set - only the few songs were enough to dissuade me :heh:

9. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

DT should have headlined that tour, with Soilwork, Caliban and SS below them, without a doubt. It's a crime that Soilwork headlined that tour, to be honest, but I suppose that's what you get when you make your sound more media-friendly.

10. Taliesin

Taliesin Immaturity Aside

Was the bass player as drunk or stones as he was in Wacken 2004? I could dig up a few videos if anyone cares.. I was surprised he didnt fall off the stage

11. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Honestly, I don't even remember. All I remember is how great the beginning of Chainheart Machine sounded.

12. Dark_Silence

Dark_Silence Member

i'd like to see the videos

13. Siren

Siren Active Member

me too!

14. Taliesin

Taliesin Immaturity Aside

I tried uploading the videos to youtube, but youtube cut them short to only the first 2 seconds. I'll try out some other hosting site and get back to you guys

15. saiysoFLAMER

saiysoFLAMER Member

What was the setlsit the first few dates, or you don't want to ruin your Milan show and have a surprise ?

16. rpgw

rpgw New Metal Member

Saw them today in Dordrecht (Netherlands). Easily one of the best gigs I've been to.
    Awesome choice of songs. Didn't expect to hear "Edenspring" and "The Mundane and the Magic" live :D

17. saiysoFLAMER

saiysoFLAMER Member

How about telling the hole setlist or a link to review and setlist or sth. please
    Did they play mind matters, new bulid, nothing to no one ??

18. rpgw

rpgw New Metal Member

19. stardrowned

stardrowned The doctor is in...

Oh, fuck! They played Dreamlore Degenerate! I can't believe I'm going to miss this!

20. fragiledream

fragiledream New Metal Member

I can't make it to the show in Cologne :( does anyone still need a ticket for the show? I would sell mine for 15 euros