This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Experimenting with Impulses (Feedback welcome)

Discussion in 'Backline' started by newamerikangospel, Jun 18, 2019.

1. newamerikangospel

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SM42k444UoTWfW4w_ltVfapQ87gNsMq_

I am experimenting with impulses and wanted some feedback on them. The file naming is Mic>Preamp>Settings*>Cab>Speaker>Resonance-Presence setting. The mics are phase alligned, so should blend very easily (didn't check for phase allignment with the different Resonance-Presence settings.

*H for "hot" The preamp gain was higher with the output at 50%, Tone means Tone button engaged (the impedance was lowered)

2. deLuther

deLuther Member

Just tried with my material.
    Loaded IRs in my load box (St. ROCK REACT:IR, https://www.st-rock.com/React-IR/)
    Used amp is pretty linear, so no need for passive mode.
    Impulses better suited for preamp signal/solid state (flat) PA, because of huge resonance.
    I think that R2-R4 in my case is overkill, R0 is OK, bu still have to reduce lows on amp.
    Finally used mix of SM57 and e906 with 50% level.
    Any phase related issues solved due to built-in Minimal Phase Transformation (i.e. MPT).
    Screen_win64_2.519.png

Attached Files:

#2 deLuther, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  3. newamerikangospel

Thanks for checking these out. I didnt think about it until you posted your graphic, but the highpass on the 273 was engaged at 80hz, which has a pretty aggressive resonance peak. I will make a note to disengage that for future impulses.