This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Falconer "Chapters From A Vale Forlorn"...a summary

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by TwizstedJesus, Aug 25, 2015.

1. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

[​IMG]

To those who don't get Falconer...

2. OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver BECAUSE FALCONER

Sorry about your twisted panties, bro!

3. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

I find this post offensive. I have reported it for nudity.

4. Cheiron

Cheiron Member

Poor buddy. Perhaps you have a long standing ear infection? ;)

5. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Sorry, I should have quoted my source.

UNRESTRAINED magazine
    Issue #19
    June/July 2002

I haven't formed much of an opinion on Falconer myself. I know they are going to get a reaction similar to Rage. 50% are going to be into it. 20% will give it a chance and end up at the bar. The other 30% are going to avoid the foot traffic by leaving early.

I'll probably fall into the 20% that give it a chance, but most likely will be back at the party early

6. OrbWeaver

I just think the comments on the FB page are hilarious. "Waahhh, I don't like Anathema and Falconer! Abloo-bloo-bloo!"

7. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Is that anything like...."Waaahhhh, he doesn't worship the same cock that I worship! A boooHoooHoooo!" Because that's basically what I'm hearing here :fu:

8. OrbWeaver

Ah yes, because I think his opinion is hilarious and whiny, I'm clearly feeling the EXACT SAME THING. lulz

I am now applying my original comment to you: Untwist your panties, bro! Don't make me start calling you "TwizstedPanties" :lol:

Also, I don't even like Anathema, I'm kind of bummed I can't go to bed early on Friday night. Well I mean I COULD, but then I wouldn't see the men whose cocks I worship.

9. Prog_Muse

Prog_Muse Ëana Novía

So then whose cock do you worship, brah? :popcorn:

10. mattbrood

mattbrood PPUSA Facebook *****

:devil::devil::devil:

11. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

Good lyrics, musicians, vocals. What's not to like? Falconer kicks ass.

12. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Glenn's

I have a mancrush

13. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Honestly, I can handle a few of the songs.

Halls & Chambers, The Clarion Call; both solid songs that I hope to see live.

My problem is that the vox are all so same'ey. There are a million bands out there that could be utterly mindblowing if not for the weak vocals.

I swear, I've listened to each cd at least 3 or 4 times, just trying to find a handful of things I can appreciate. I have found 2, there are a few others that I don't reject instantly. I've made strides because, its ProgPower for fucks sake! There's still a week. I did make a iPod playlist of their recent setlists.so I am at least familiar.

I'm giving them a fighters chance, because it is their last gig and it may kick my ass moreso than I expected. Unfortunately Anathema just doesn't float my boat...at all.

14. NorseBlood

I'm with you on this one my metal brother. I've listened to Anathema and its not floating my boat either.

Falconer though, I do like. I know many will disagree with this, but Mathias Blad's vocals sort of remind me of Ian Anderson's. Perhaps its not the vocals so much but the overall theme of the band in some respects. Interestingly I think Falconer is a lot better than Tull ever was, again not that they are anything alike. I know that makes no sense. :D

15. labrekk

labrekk Member

Yes, it's true. My problem with them though is the speed. Too much speed, not enough variety in tempos, from what I recall though. That being said, I'll surely check out their set at PP.

16. labrekk

labrekk Member

Same here...

17. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

I say the same about Anathema. :wave:

18. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

In my mind samey != weak. For example, I find Ascendia's vocalist pretty samey. He's excellent at what he does, but IMO there isn't a lot of variety in his delivery.

I can kinda see someone saying that about Blad. But, I wouldn't call his vocals weak. He's a very strong singer. You might not like his style of singing, but he's very good at it.

19. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

I agree about Ascendia, but their music is more aimed towards what I listen to than Falconer, so I can listen and enjoy it a bit more. It's kind of like Disturbed, you know what to expect and go from there.

The entire power metal genre got stale sometime in the mid 2000's for me. There was a real dry period for a handful of years where I couldn't give many of these type bands a chance. I've spent more time this year with the bands I was unfamiliar with than in any time in the past. That includes most of Friday's bands following Soto.

Voyager I have been familiar with since their last appearance, but I never truly dug into their discography even though I own all of the stuff. I've found some material that I like to some extent, so I can dig them for what they are.

You've already heard my take on Falconer & Anathema. Not my thing, but Falconer does have a few things that I like. I have listened to every disc at least 2-3 times with the exception of "Armod" which I can't handle lol. Anathema got my money for the live blue-ray they put out. I watched it twice but it doesn't really hold my interest...same with the last 2 discs.

I'm going into this well rehearsed of the bands material, I am familiar with recent set lists and I kinda know where to pick my spots where things might get interesting. I'll linger around taking photo's of the bands at other times, just to keep me immersed in all that is ProgPower

20. NorseBlood

Well you're obviously not alone here judging by the Anathema thread that was active here for a long long time. Thats the great thing about ProgPower. There is something for everyone, and it seems more often than not most everything is for everyone.

I'm really looking forward to your lineup announcement for next year. Any hints? :devil:
    Didn't think so but I had to ask. Its like Christmas for us with no peeking under the tree.