This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Favorite Falconer?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by edgeofthorns, Aug 13, 2015.

1. 70KTonsOfMetal

70KTonsOfMetal Regretting the user name

Falconer is my all-time favorite band and I guess I'm the only one that thinks Northwind is their best work.

Just saw them over the weekend in Falun and it was an above average performance (I made sure not to get my hopes up). Mostly because Stefan (the guitarist) admitted they're not putting a lot of work into the live show. Pretty blunt, but at least he's honest.

I'd be hesitant to think the setlist will differ at all from Falun to ProgPower (it was the same as Wacken) - which means you'll hear some of the bigger/fan favorites. So that may be a good place to start.

2. MeTuLHeD

MeTuLHeD A Member To Remember

I love 'Chapters From A Vale Forlorn'. It's a classic folk metal disc.

'Black Moon Rising' is the perfect return to form disc...as good as the early material, but with better production values.

3. The Surfing Alien

Watched the Evolution of Metal documentary yesterday . The power metal hour was surprisingly well done and they even flashed one of Falconer album covers in it at some point.

4. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

I'd put Northwind and Black Moon Rising up there with the first two in terms of enjoyment. I listened to Armod at home the other day and really enjoyed it. But the songs don't stick as much due to the Swedish language lyrics. But as an album it's really really good.