This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Favorite mic for screaming vocals ?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Pxz, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Pxz

Pxz Member

Searching for more options. Sometimes even unlikely options works best for some vocalist and im really open to try new stuff if it's priced in my range of options.
    I will add that for whatever reason, i didn't like SM7's the few times that i worked with that mic. Don't know exactly why, maybe cloudlifters are mandatory with it?
    Share your favorites.

2. raisedfist

raisedfist Member

SM7 is pretty lifeless without a pre with a fair amount of gain so yeah without a cloudlifter or decent PRE is not a very nice sounding mic. I'm not keen with a cloudlifter either. I have been using an SM& for 5 years with either a GAP73 or Sound Skulptor MP573 and love it; Its very rare I get a LDC out for vocals these days.
    In saying that I was at a friends Studio the other week and he had tracked some aggressive pop punk vocals with a Lewitt LCT 440 and that thing kicks ass. Its a LDC but its got some balls also.