This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

Favorite thread that has something to do with Symphony X?

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Detective Clarence Beauregard, Nov 10, 2008.

?

Favorite thread that has something to do with Symphony X?

1. guess who's drunk yet still has more beer??? (official drunk post thread)

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Official Off Topic Thread

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Now Playing

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Your last purchase??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lets have a pics thread :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 2008 Political debate thread

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. schenkadere

schenkadere Obey my dog!

Now there are threads talking about threads...this is getting bad! What next, a thread discussing the thread that was about threads?

2. CantoX

CantoX Member

Reason why theres no Sym x talk is because 50% (if not more) of the people who post here don't even listen to Symphony X on a regular basis, and instead of going to other parts of Ultimate Metal forums where you'll be talking to either some 13 year olds who are immature or 30 year olds who know every damn thing there is to know about absolutely everything and will never ever change their opinion and be complete assholes to you if you have an opinion thats different from theres.

P.S. Ken and Meedly don't count because they're not 30, and DoomsdayZach doesn't count cause hes not 13 :yow:

3. OfSinsAndShred

:lol: Well said. But I, for one, still do listen to SX on a daily basis.

...I picked the drunk post thread because someone once ended a message with "fuck yu." I'm too lazy to look up who it is right now.

And yeah... the reason for no more "favorite solo" threads is because during the wait for PL, that stuff was covered pretty extensively. Dig through the old pages - they can be good fun.

4. Wander

Wander 10+2=6

I'm gonna tell you a all secret.

I have had less than 100 Symphony X song plays during the last 3 months.

!!!

Serious, isn't it!!!

Really!

5. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

I'm sure there's one somewhere. :lol:

6. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

So that only leaves Stalin & Hitler, right? :heh::Smokedev:

7. SilentRealm

SilentRealm Member

well you rule! and whatever happened to amanda? i liked her, but she stopped posting after a while and disappeared. it was a good game tho, if it started back up again i probably wouldn't do very well coz i will have forgotten half the lyrics haha.

i believe why the OOT thread was created (by Zachus) was because there were so many random off topic threads popping up that people got sick of it, as it took too much away from SX discussions, so we thought 1 thread for most of the random stuff. It's not perfect but it's ok i think.

8. SilentRealm

SilentRealm Member

p.s. I haven't been on the IRC chat for years!

9. progmetaldan

progmetaldan Member

+1

'Twas a good 'un... :D

10. symphonyXjapan

Me neither except I popped in there randomly some months back. When I was logged in I asked somebody I recognized from back when I used to go there regularly about Amanda. He said she still goes to the IRC chat somewhat regularly but he and her both had gotten bored with these forums.

I know she was in charge of the SyX Newsletter but there hasn't been one of those in a looong time so I don't even know if she still has that going on anymore? I would definately say that the pre/early Odyssey era was one of the best times here. There were so many people then that don't come here anymore.

11. symphonyXjapan

I haven't listened to much SyX as of late myself. I got bored with PL pretty quickly; however, about a month ago I randomly listened to V and it once again totally blew me away. I don't think I have listened to any SyX album as many times as I have V and it still has not got boring to me. I would kill for the next album to be even close to as great as V was...

12. Meedleyx10

Meedleyx10 Member

Part of the thing is that SX just isn't a very active band. Things here were very SX-based leading up to and after the release of Paradise Lost and back when I first joined and The Odyssey ws pretty new...but since most of the "favorite song, favorite solo, etc. etc." topics have already been beaten to death, there isn't much to talk about when the band isn't on tour or releasing a new album.

13. greenaxer

greenaxer Knight of the Templar

I guess it's alright that every single thread doesn't have to do only with the band. There's been plenty of other noteworthy, non-band related stuff happening lately. Plus, there is so much other music out there to share and discuss/debate about. Doesn't it keep things fresh?

Same here. I also took a break from listening to Symphony X for about a month. After hearing Divine Wings of Tragedy again yesterday, it proved the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" idea to be very true.

14. Ultimate_Symphony

Ultimate_Symphony Rusted Angel

That's hardly the reason, though I sense an air of sarcarsm in your post.

Like others have said, there's only so much you can talk about a band. I've been in this forum since its inception and all the topics about SyX have been beaten to death. Off-topic threads serve the purpose of maintaining the forum alive while the band's on hiatus or going through a slow time, so I see nothing wrong with having a little nonsense going on in the forum.

15. OfSinsAndShred

Don't worry, I made a call. Everyone in this thread is saved.

[​IMG]

16. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

Damn, Jeff, that's funny!