This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fitness and Nutrition

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Nov 8, 2006.

1. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

:lol:

His death has nothing to do with his work out routine. He died because he is a dickhead who took to many party drugs mixed with Clenbuterol and what ever other forms of performance enhancing drugs.

2. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Holy shit man, that's a great effort. It's a lot of weight to lose. You've obviously got a lot of discipline these days, being able to stick to that sort of routine. Do you find it tough going?

I used to stick to 5-7km runs but have been pushing them out more in recent times and have been running 10km+ reasonably frequently for the past couple of months. Did 14.4km for Run for the Kids the other weekend, which is the furthest so far, and I'm keen to keep pushing it out to see how far I can go. Most of it has been on the flat, so I should try some more hill running. What sort of running do you do?

3. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

At the start the diet was a little tough because all I used to eat was potatoes and anything starchy. But you get used to it and in the end you grow to like the taste of the healthy food but I had to cut the carbs out slowly. Moving from white bread/pasta to whole meal versions, to cutting them out and only having them in the morning.

The working out part is easy, I enjoy it. I love the feeling of lifting weights, it's the running I hate. Plus when you see progress in the mirror it pushes you to continue. It's become a bit of a passion, so that'y why I can stick with it.

4. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

That's pretty good man, 14km is 1/3 of a marathon! What was your time?

I worked myself up to doing the 14km City to Surf in 2010 and still maintain that distance, but don't do long-distance running as often (I do other workouts instead). I did do a big 21km run a few weeks back, just about killed me but hey, its progress. I'm trying to mix it up a bit with more intense runs to and from the nearest public exercise equipment (4km all up).

5. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Anyone ever been to a Anytime Fitness center? Found out today that one opened up about 20 minute walk from my house. I've been meaning to get off my arse and do something about my weight (usual excuses, no time - too stressed - can't be bothered etc etc). It's "open" 24/7 (swipe card access) so would actually be handy for me as I usual find myself in the mood to actually do something at the oddest times

6. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

No idea, sorry Todd. I've not been to a proper gym since I was at uni.

My time was 84 mins, but only because I was held up the whole way by slow people. Next year I'm getting in early and starting in one of the front groups. It was really frustrating. My first km took 6 mins! But when I signed up my goal was just to run that distance regardless of the time.

21km is massive! I'm hoping to do a half marathon in July, so need to work up towards that. It's a good idea to do some short, sharp runs like you have been. Do your workouts help with running?

7. Celestial-Todd

I've started walking (trying to go daily but haven't been able to the last couple) but I've found that no matter how well I stretch afterwards, I get alot of tightness in the front of my calves / shins. I've asked around and people have mentioned it possibly being shin splints... which sounds strange because even though I have an unfortunately sedentary lifestyle (that I'm trying to change), I'm not exactly burning up the pavement

It's pretty annoying really... I'll go for a walk and find that when I get back home, my heart and lungs can go for more but my legs ache :(

8. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Mate 84 minutes is awesome! Better than my best time I think.

Only to the extent that it's all fitness. People put too much emphasis on cardio anyway, you've got to mix it up to be properly healthy IMHO.

9. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

I decided to do 15 minute walks at a tempo that keeps my heart beat at 130bpm. Oddly my weight increased by about a kilo and I was feeling really dizzy and sick (might be due to the no carb diet at the time and spending more than an hour traning and was over training)

I have gone down a new path where I do a carb cycle, 2 days carbs 2 days of the carbs. In the last 2 weeks I have managed to drop back down to 83.5 kilos after being around the 85kilos for over a month now. My guess is it has shocked my system and made it work extra hard to burn off the fat.

I knew that changing routine and such had a positive impact on your goals but I didn't think it was so quick. Pretty happy about it, I can see some ab definition and general muscle definition in other places. A few more kilos to reach my goal, then I can check my body fat % and work out if I wanna hit a bulk or continue shredding.

10. Celestial-Todd

I wonder sometimes whether that's actually true... I've been eating well lately (Lite n Easy) and have been doing walks and basic weights at home. I've dropped about 4kg in two weeks (mostly water I'd say) but then got stuck for a few days. Last night we had pizza at Jess' parents and when I woke this morning, I'd apparently lost a kilo haha

11. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

I did a bit of research on it and a lot of body builders recommend doing that in the shredding stage. Something to do with the body getting used to your new low calorie intake and energy needs so eventually it stagnates. Just like lifting weights you need to change your routine every 6 weeks or so otherwise the muscles can stop developing.