This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

For those who speak german fluently...

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by Ess en, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Ess en

Ess en Member

This may be totally inappropriate, but what the hell, we've already got a handful of language threads.

I'm sitting in german class right now, and we have an assignment where we find some kind of article or interview or whatever and do our best to translate it to english- not word for word, but just to get the gist of it. Additionally, any words that we are unfamiliar with, we are supposed to write down a guess for it then check it in a dictionary.

So, while I am doing the assignment as it's supposed to be done, I think it would help if I could get an actual translation to check this to after I try to figure it out for myself. So if anyone is in the mood of being generous enough to translate this for me, it'd be pretty sweet. So far, I've run into a couple words I can't find in a dictionary at all. Like, "Getröte."

Here's the interview- from the Eluveitie myspace. Just scroll like halfway down the page.

2. innuenDO

innuenDO Pottwahl

ask for specific words. at least i cannot be arsed to translate the whole shit. The verb of the noun "getröte" is "tröten" which is translated to "to hoot".

3. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

:lol: wow nee, someone else should translate it or ask for single words like innuenDO said. i just got back from work and don't want to do anyhting

4. mocobhc

mocobhc Member

Couldn´t you find something easier??? Holy shit that thing is full of special terms - and not the best German btw

5. Ess en

Ess en Member

Haha, well I'm not trying to demand that anyone translate it. If nobody feels like doing it then to hell with it. Jeez, I just appreciate your taking the time to look at it.

It sure is discouraging, though- It really makes me realize just how far I am from being anywhere near fluent in german. x_x

6. Gurby

Gurby Madness

Was zum Teufel?^^

7. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

why do you want to speak german fluently?
    and if you don't know some words, feel free to ask for their meaning. i just don't want to translate the whole text:p

8. Ess en

Ess en Member

Maybe... If I understand what that question is asking me. Haha.

Well there's a whole laundry list of languages I would love to be fluent in. I'm just incredibly interested. And german just happens to be offered at the community college here.

Yeah, I may have to do that. That whole thing about Getröte being a noun based on the verb of "to hoot" was a surprise to my german teacher, as well. She's from germany... But she hasn't lived there in years. Thanks Innuendo.

9. Turbo

Turbo Natursekt Black Metal

Ich habe deine mutter in den hintern gefficht.

No need to translate that...my German is shite, you probably cant. :D

10. Ess en

Ess en Member

No, I got that. But that never happened, haha. XP