This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"From Mars To Sirius"

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by Igor Samurovic, Feb 16, 2013.

1. aramism

aramism Member

honestly gojira makes every other metal band sound like blink-182...

2. JeffTD

JeffTD Senhor Testiculo

Who are you trying to insult here? Blink-182 is one of the best bands to ever exist. :fu:

3. Igor Samurovic

Igor Samurovic Be careful how you grip!

I've heard people say 'anything that isn't gojira is overproduced crap'. That makes my rage meter go up instantly, as I hate the whole notion of something being 'overproduced' but I think it's really honest to say that there haven't been so many 'raw' albums in the genre lately.

4. The Unavoidable

The Unavoidable jättebög

One of my favorite productions, it's like they didn't give a fuck about what sounded nice at all and just went for what complimented the music the best. More bands should follow suit.

I think the tone is all in the 5150, with the right settings I think it's kinda easy to ballpark it. Getting it EXACTLY might be quite tricky though, but it always is.

5. Taurean

Taurean \m/ \m/

I always thought of The Link as "the tape" album, with its slappier drums and tight sound while Mars has this more mid rangey, tube thing going on. I feel they really pushed it, most likely at all stages, through lots of tube circuitry and then some to get it edgy, sort of harsh sounding. To me it just has that gravel tubey tone.