This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fuck Gene Simmonds.

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Loren Littlejohn, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

So Gene Simmons is a douche period. Sorry for the typo in the title.

#1 Loren Littlejohn, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  2. everybody's x

everybody's x My name is Damage

I approve of your new avatar, you're looking much better.

I do not approve of your "exsist" -ing

3. abyssofdreams

abyssofdreams knows what you think.

I don't get it. What's wrong about his statement? I think he has a point.

4. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

I hate his statement because it has no validity. Todays music isn't yesterdays music, has nothing to do with caliber. Besides kiss has never had the image of good music, more like a huge ass show where they played sing along tunes to a massive audience.

Besides as someone who never listens to kiss I consider them a one hit wonder on the basis that I only know there most popular song, and it's the only one that ever seems to get radio play. Rock and Roll all Night is the only song I know to be massively popular.

His whole demeanor just pisses me off.

"I'm Gene Simmons I am way more cool than you and your band because I can wear platform shoes and a shit tone of corny metal on my body while rocking harder than you"
    "I'm Gene Simmons I am not married"
    "I'm Gene Simmons I have a leaked sex tape that I don't want you to watch, no seriously"
    "I'm Gene Simmons I think the new model for the music industry suck because it's not based around CD sales anymore"

5. abyssofdreams

I see what you mean.
    I don't know much of his other statements but I thought he was talking about these nu-rockkids that jump around on mtv and stuff without having any skills whatsoever...
    Apart from that I think they had some solid songs, I don't care if these are radio friendly, it WAS a fun band that had an impact on rock history but you shouldn't take any "rock statement" too seriously... I'm sure you can ask any old rock band, Sabbath, Maiden and so forth and they'll all say more or less the same, that their music was true rock and todays music is commercial blabla.

I know it's hard to enjoy music once you know what the behind it think (think Manowar here...) but it shouldn't get in the way.

What most people don't get is that rock at that days was kind of a revolution whilst now it's just another style of music using real instruments (most of the time), it doesn't have the expression and meaning the way it had it back then because people try to progress, that doesn't make it less enjoyable.

I believe if you can enjoy "both worlds" it'll make things like that much easier to understand.
    I mean....come on... look at Metallica for example. Truly a remarkable history but yet they made sooo many bullshit statements it could make one sick.

6. SpewChunks

SpewChunks Member

I think he makes a valid point. I don't really listen to KISS but i think they have it right about putting on a good show, how many deadshit bands have you seen that just stand there looking at their shoes trying to pry the music out of their instruments?

No validity! today's music isn't yesterdays music!!, oh shit, so your saying heavy metal dosen't come from rock, which dosen't come from blues/jazz which dosen't come from cultural/classical music (how far back do we want to go). Today's music IS yesterdays music, it's just distributed differently via many different mediums. The only difference is the technology has changed.

Sure Simmons may sound and look like a tool, but you can also thank him for the music that you get to enjoy today. Sorry if i come across sounding aggressive, but i just drank a bottle of wine.

7. Jarkko Mattheiszen

Jarkko Mattheiszen The FU guy.

I don't mean to sound like a dick when clinging to only this one statement in your post, but you can't be serious. KISS were pretty massive back then, and are still considered as rock legends today by _many_. I'm not a KISS fan by any means, but I do admit their effect on the whole rock scene and appreciate their career.

And dude, you gotta know Strutter, I was made for loving you or God of thunder ;)

8. Metaltastic

Metaltastic Member

Or Detroit Rock City, if nothing else from the movie or Mattias 'IA' Eklundh's Django-style cover!

9. abyssofdreams

Or God gave rock'n'roll to you!

10. Genius Gone Insane

Genius Gone Insane http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com

I don't place a lot of value on any opinion coming from someone who's been on a reality show, let alone someone who has his own family show.

11. schust

schust Member

hmm. well, Gene has never been one to mince words. that's his "persona", his "gig". frankly, I'd be shock and a bit let down if I ever heard him talk like a normal human being in full gear. in fact, now that I think about it - he does talk semi-normal on his TV show "family jewels". it's kinda weird.

Kiss came up through the ranks as "the" shock and awe band. that's how they made it big. that coupled with the whole makeup mystery deal and a few catchy tunes. i've never thought of them as a band that's provided more than just that. at the end of the day, it's just another show. if that's what you want and aren't expecting more, cool. it's not like going to see rush. and if you're actually trying to play something complex, who the fuck would want to wear 100lbs of metal around their neck???

12. pifos_2

pifos_2 des scoubidoubidous wha !

ahahahah MANBOOBS :D

I got some too. Not planning to show them on youtube anyhhow....

13. -Vith-

-Vith- To the bar!!

Exactly! Hell I don't even wear my knuckle-to-elbow leather gauntlets with 2 packets of nails drilled through them half the time. No point in looking metal as fuck if you can't actually PLAY any metal lol

And as much as I think he's a bit of a knob (also not really a Kiss fan but that doesn't change anything) I do kinda agree with him. I've always thought that bands who just stand there and play and don't do anything else are pointless, people may as well just sit at home and listen to the albums. Whole point (or most of the point anyway) of gigging is to fucking get out there and put on a decent show for people who're willing to pay to see you. Even if you're playing in a pub.

That's my view anyway..I'd rather watch a band come out wearing pink fluffy tutu's and prance around for 45 minutes, than some band who're all "we're so metal we can't smile" and just stand there looking grim. But then, I get bored / distracted easily...

14. ashgallows

ashgallows resonant manipulator

i think he it's jsut his way of trying to get the new shit to up their showmanship. whereas our generation has some cool shit, i'm not aware of anyone with a show as massive as theirs. they jsut want someone to carry the torch after their finally gone

15. JontRevolting

JontRevolting FALSE ARREST! FALSE ARREST!

no mere mortal has the right to say that about an original member of KISS,evem though i could'nt be fucked watching the vid!! yeah it seems ol' Geno has a bit of a mouth on him, oh well!! KISS rules,when i was about 2 or 3 i used to tell everyone to just "call me Ace", so yeah "just call me Ace"