This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gardenian - Sindustries

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by metal17, Mar 26, 2003.

1. metal17

metal17 Member

hey everyone check them out...they are amazing.
    the following review was taken from sonicdeath.co.uk

Review One:
    Following the death of At The Gates and the rise of In Flames and Dark Tranquillity, the Gothenburg scene not only became very incestuous but very. . . . formulaic? I'm sure there are bands out there to prove me wrong, but on what I've heard, a lot of the Swedish scene is still digging out the old Death and Iron Maiden records. . .

Gardenian (The band of one Niklas Engelin, short term member of In Flames) is definitely another of those melodic death bands, but if you took half of In Flames' melodic power away and replaced it with riffing reminiscent of Nevermore there is no doubt that this album would be your end product. This is particularly evident on the title track with some hard-edged, heavy guitar work.

This album has it's fair share of good songs, mainly the ones that utilise the clean vocals for a different, more emotional effect, such as "Long Snap to Zero" or "Sonic Death Monkey" (Yes, where I got the site name from). In the main the riffs are what carry the songs because of their quality, and the rhythm department does quite a good job of backing this up. The lead guitars are disappointing, there's a few small parts that could qualify for Solo but really they aren't melodic and add nothing to the song as a whole.

It's a worthy effort, not amazing, but solid and well executed. If Nevermore and the NWOSDM are your bag it will be worthwhile checking this one out.

David Griffiths - 2001

2. Finntroll

Finntroll Misery's Merchant

I personally think that Soulburner is much better than Sindustries... It's one off my all time favourites. If you're into In Flames (which you obviously are, why else would you read this forum :D ) you definately should do yourself a favour and check Soulburner out... It rocks :headbang:

3. metal17

metal17 Member

ok will do...I heard a few songs from soulburner an was blown away also...oh an by the way finntroll kicks ass too....I love jaktens tid.actually i think frudo should have danced to that in the lord of the rings.

4. The Heartless

The Heartless www.darkemist.cl

their 3 albums are amazing, I love Engel's riffs. Sindustries is definitely my favorite among the 3 albums

5. Metal7

Metal7 The Burninator

Yeah, Gardenian kicks ass. Unfortunately, noone is willing to sign them for their next album. The new singer is pretty good too. He sounds like the old guy they used for clean singing.

6. Finntroll

Finntroll Misery's Merchant

Yeah they really do! Unfortunately their guitarist passed away just a week or so ago...