This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Bubbles tip of the day... Want to post a youtube, vimeo, soundcloud or other media links? Just paste the URL in your post and the forum will auto convert the link for you.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you know... you can tag people by typing an @ symbol before their user name when posting. They will receive an alert once tagged.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender studies in rehearsals of metal music

Discussion in 'UK Metal Scene' started by Mollifer, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Mollifer

Expand Collapse
    Nu Metal Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Hi, I don't really know which forum this post would suit (if anyone has a better idea let me know) but I thought this would be a good place to start if anywhere?

I am a student at Hull University and doing a dissertation on gender studies in rehearsals of Metal music. As I'm sure you're all aware it's easy enough to find male bands to participate in these sort of things but harder to find all girl bands, or even mixed! If you have a metal band or know of a metal who would like to participate in this then please message me. I would be so so appreciative!

Basically for my study I will be conducting empirical research which would involve filming, or being present for rehearsals, and/or a mere interview via email would be great!

Obviously I will go into further detail about it if you contact me.

Miss May