This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Getting the Sunlight Studios tone

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by Melodeath, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Grå Värld

Grå Värld Member

Any ideas how Magrudergrind get this Sunlight guitar sound with no bass player live or on recordings?? Quadtracked?? Pitched shifted guitar track panned centre??
    Live RJ splits his signal into a HM-2 into a Marshall head and a Boss ODB-3 into old Mesa Bass head.

#61 Grå Värld, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  2. D-beater

D-beater New Metal Member

Hi all,

As a huge fan of Entombeds guitar sound I´ve been struggling to nail it with Amplitube Metal. Anyone who has a good preset to share?
    Thanks!

/D-beater

3. cfh11

cfh11 Member

boss hm-2 (preferably MIJ) is the only way. the only thing i have heard that is even in the same ballpark is the cheap behringer hm-2 knockoff pedal (i think it is pink too lol)

4. D-beater

D-beater New Metal Member

Any ideas of what amp, cab and settings in Amplitube Metal to use with a real HM-2 pedal? I can´t mic a amp where I live, would have if I could.

5. Terminus

Terminus Member

That's just an HM-2 into LecTo into kefir with the ASEM impulse and a hp/lp filter. First riff is all knob maxed, second riff is with the gain back off to about 5 o clock. I would imagine you could figure out something workable with any of the Amplitube amps as long as you keep the gain down.

#65 Terminus, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015