Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by TechnicalBarbarity, Jan 18, 2019.
Do you really have a choice?
Everyone has a choice. Some people don't like to make others feel uncomfortable with what they do, others don't have a problem giving it their all no matter who is watching.
So are you guys going to promote Mort up to the new In-Crowd Drag Queen?
@Nick1975 think you could throw together a Top 10 for 1997?
Wow, I didn't even see that you had chosen this. Surprising but certainly not unwelcome.
New discovery for me, only listened to it twice (it's also quite long) but I felt an instant affinity for it. Pretty sure I discovered it via HBB. The tech/prog bug has bitten me very hard lately.
1. Spastic Ink - Ink Complete
2. Garden Wall - Chimica
3. Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray
4. Days of Yore - The Mad God's Wage
5. Theory in Practice - Third Eye Function
6. Cauldron Born - Born of the Cauldron
7. Bruce Dickinson - Accident at Birth
8. Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
9. Algophobia - s/t
Have yet to decide on an album for 10.
@HamburgerBoy Don't like Spastic Ink's debut as much as Ink Compatible?
Not especially, Ink Compatible sounds closer to a proper Watchtower follow-up while most other Jarzombek stuff just gets kinda samey to me.
1) Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth
2) Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon
3) Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft
4) Lord Belial - Enter the Moonlight Gate
5) Sadistic Intent - Ancient Black Earth
6) Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves
7) Gorgoroth - Under the Sigh of Hell
8) Ulver - Nattens madrigal: Aatte hymne til ulven i manden
9) Windir - Sóknardalr
10) Voivod - Phobos
Big fan of all of your 2 - 8 picks! Glad to see Nattens Madrigal making a list. I’m not sure it’ll make my top 10, but it’s definitely at least an honourable mention. I love the first 4 tracks. Second track probably my favourite these days, it’s just so intense, especially the last minute or so with that riff repeatedly hammering away.
Never heard that Bruce album.
I prefer the first Ulver album, but Nattens… is def great. As far as the Bruce album, I prefer Chemical Wedding over Accident..., but that initial reunion of Bruce and Adrian is absolutely epic, imo. I saw that tour in a tiny club in Springfield Virginia with Geezer Butler's solo band opening. It was fucking fantastic!!
How in the fuck did I overlook Accident of Birth? Top shelf heavy metal.
Taking the Queen/Darkside of Aquarius is as great a 1-2-punch as nearly anything Maiden did.
it's pretty good but nowhere near the chemical wedding in my book.
@CiG you wanna take over this and the 2018 thread dude? I really don't feel like doing these anymore.
the torch is passed
Unless anybody else wants to take these games over? I don't mind but maybe people would prefer somebody else.