Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by no country for old wainds, Oct 13, 2017.
Strapping young man, like if Harry Potter was a school shooter. I looked even more awful at 18 than I do now.
Snap I just realised today is the deadline.
I just realized we haven't done any of the "***7" years. That's the only ending digit where that's true.
We also haven't filled any complete trios yet (e.g. 1985/1995/2005).
There's a good chance the next year will fulfill one of those milestones:
At Least One of Each
congratulations, only a fully assimilated member of GMD would post something this autistic
May shift these around if this goes over on time, but if not, I can live with this list.
1. Deathspell Omega- Kenose
2. Opeth- Ghost Reveries
3. Velvet Cacoon- Northsuite
4. Wigrid- Die Asche eines Lebens
5. Satanic Warmaster- Carelian Satanist Madness
6. Bolt Thrower- Those Once Loyal
7. Dream Theater- Octavarium
8. Judas Priest- Angel of Retribution
9. Nile- Annihilation of the Wicked
10. Drudkh- The Swan Road
Immolation- Harnessing Ruin
Kamelot- Black Halo
Graveland- Fire Chariot of Destruction
Overall, a weak year. Only the top two are truly great in my eyes. The rest of the albums are in the B+ range.
Something Something your metal IQ is lacking something something.
There's more than one "Swans way." There's the noise rock/no wave way, the post-punk way, and the current post-rock way. All three of those ways are interconnected, but distinct.
I'm gonna need 17 more days
I'm sitting this one out unfortunately. I just haven't had any time to do some dedicated listening to come up with an order.
@alex76 @TechnicalBarbarity @rms @Burkhard @ClichéUserName @RadicalThrasher @I-TEND-TO-DIE @Funerary_Doom @Satanstoenail @zabu of nΩd @Manic Ferocity
final call. probably gonna start counting down tomorrow. or maybe next week. christmas maybe
Motherfucking deadline ignoring douches.
i should've tagged them earlier tbh. just blame me like usual
God damn red coats.
1 - Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal
2 - Deceased - As the Weird Travel On
3 - Gorod - Neurotripsicks
4 - Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
5 - Origin - Echoes of Decimation
6 - Neurarxis - Trilateral Progression
7 - StarGazer - The Scream That Tore the Sky
8 - Arsis - A Diamond for Disease
9 - Obituary - Frozen in Time
10 - Meshuggah - Catch Thirtythree
not feeling this one
This list deserves a framing. Some top notch stuff right here.
Final call yet?
I'm gonna sit this one out.
1. Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked
2. Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
3. Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
4. Napalm Death - The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code
5. Hate Eternal - I, Monarch
6. Stargazer - The Scream That Tore The Sky
7. Municipal Waste - Hazardous Mutation
8. !T.O.O.H.! - Order And Punishment
9. Cryptopsy - Once Was Not
10. Horna - Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne