This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GMD Poll: Type O Negative's Discography Ranked

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by crimsonfloyd, Feb 24, 2020.

1. crimsonfloyd

crimsonfloyd Active Member

Directions: Rank Type O Negative's 6 albums. Order and number each album 1-6. Ties are OK. Your first place album earns 6 points, your second place album earns 5 points, etc.

Rules:
    • You may rank as few as 4 albums. Lists with less than 4 albums will not be counted. But this is a small discography, so I encourage everybody to list all albums.
    • If you list less than 6 albums, the first placed album will still get 6 points, the last placed album will still get 1 point, and the albums in between will have points distributed proportionately. The average points earned for albums that are not listed will not be impacted positively or negatively, so if you don't rank an album, you neither help it or hurt it.
    • If you don't number your list then it will be assumed that it is in ranked order
    At the end, the albums will be ranked based on their average number of points per vote.

You have until March 15th at 9 AM PST to finalize your list, re-familiarize yourself albums you haven’t heard in awhile, familiarize yourself with albums you haven’t heard at all, lobby for any albums you think are underrated, and lobby against any albums you think are overrated.

Slow, Deep and Hard (1991)
    Bloody Kisses (1993)
    October Rust (1996)
    World Coming Down (1999)
    Life is Killing Me (2003)
    Dead Again (2007)

CiG likes this.
  2. J.

J. Old Fart

1. World Coming Down
    This where they perfected the doom plus pop flourishes and removed the cheesiness of previous albums

2. October Rust
    Contains many of their best songs: Burnt Flowers Fallen, Love You to Death, Green Man, Wolf Moon

3. Dead Again
    A fine swan song, closing out the album and band's career with two great songs: An Ode to Locksmiths and Hail and Farewell to Britain

4. Life is Killing Me
    The band's most fun album. Short, to-the-point songs makes for a solid driving album.

5. Bloody Kisses
    The band's cheesiest release. Some hits, lots of misses. And Black #1 is annoying

6. Slow, Deep, and Hard
    Other than "Fidelity" and "Gravity", I struggle through this one. I prefer Origin of the Feces

dwellerINTHEdark likes this.
  3. dwellerINTHEdark

dwellerINTHEdark Curator of the mausoleum

1. World Coming Down (1999)
    Possibly my favorite metal album. Dark, depressing, funny, Halloweeny.

2. Slow, Deep and Hard (1991)
    Carnivore were fucking awesome and this features some of that era with the new goth stuff.

3. Bloody Kisses (1993)
    Probably the album with the most classic Type O Negative sound. Summer Breeze is the tune that got me into them.

4. October Rust (1996)
    A continuation of the classic Bloody Kisses sound. It's got the love songs and the atmospherics.

5. Life is Killing Me (2003)
    Even though it's number 5 I love this album. They experiment a bit and some punk shines through at times.

6. Dead Again (2007)
    I ranked it last because I spent the least time with it. It is a very well rounded album with old and new stylings and a suitable closer for the band.

4. Oblivious Maximus

Oblivious Maximus I am the worm

1. World Coming Down
    2. Slow, Deep and Hard
    3. October Rust
    4. Life is Killing Me
    5. Dead Again
    6. Bloody Kisses

5. Krow

Krow Garbage Connoisseur

1. Slow, Deep and Hard
    2. October Rust
    3. World Coming Down
    4. Bloody Kisses
    5. Dead Again
    6. Life is Killing Me

first four are interchangeable to me. 5 and 6 are good but something has to be at the bottom.