This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GMD Social Poll: Top Ten Films of 2018

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by no country for old wainds, Mar 25, 2019.

1. CiG

CiG Astral Projektor

Anybody who wants to see that movie don't watch the trailer. Holy shit, I mean it looks cool but it is the most not subtle trailer I've ever seen.

Edit: Welp relegated to the next page, people won't see this now and will watch the trailer. :rofl:

#101 CiG, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  2. no country for old wainds

^i rarely watch trailers for movies i haven't seen unless i'm a) at the cinema, or b) on the fence about whether i wanna see it

please also watch fatal pulse (AKA night pulse) sometime. i assume you'd dig it.

3. challenge_everything

challenge_everything Active Member

That is a very good top 10. Well done team.

The two standouts for 2019 so far for me are Parasite and The Nightingale. After that quality drops off massively. Midsommar was solid though.

4. challenge_everything

challenge_everything Active Member

Under the Silver Lake is David Robert Mitchell (It Follows), not Damian Chazelle. Watch it though, I think you'd dig it.

5. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

When you go to edit the post, hit the wrench button ('Use BB Code Editor') and you'll probably see the quirks that need editing out. I also find myself having to paste using ctrl-shift-V sometimes to avoid pasting formatting from whatever I've copied.

6. no country for old wainds

oh yeah lol, i knew it was david robert mitchell but my brain decided that was the whiplash guy for some reason

7. no country for old wainds

cheers, i’ll try that. i do paste as plain text when applicable, my issue is usually when i want to keep the formatting but pasting changes it in random ways.

8. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

I keep meaning to watch Under the Silver Lake, it's on my queue. That and First Reformed are the major two from 2018 that I still haven't seen.

CiG likes this.
  9. no country for old wainds

under the silver lake wasn't in theaters until april 2019 in the US, and march here, so i'm gonna be counting it as 2019 myself. intrigued to find out what you think of first reformed, i could see you going either way on that one.

10. CiG

CiG Astral Projektor

Ein is someone I've been waiting to read his thoughts on it since I saw it myself.

11. Onder

Onder Gegen unendlich

I watched this yesterday, it felt like being raped by audiovisual amateurism, but I did infact let it go all the way through. I think most people will not finish watching this, there was some funny shit in there though.

12. Onder

Onder Gegen unendlich

Yeah also watched this recently.

While I enjoyed the acting, the atmosphere, and all those little mystical hints, this movie felt like it was leading to some big revelation, building momentum, and then completely missed the landing. 15 minutes before the end I was thinking of possible explanations to what was happening before and what I got was a non-ending. I thought that was dissapointing. I guess I'm not a big fan of those "we'll let you imagine your own explanations now, kbai" kind of movies, I need the Hercules Poirot ending where he fucking explains everything and you're like HOW WHAT WHY nice mustache.

Oh well.

13. CiG

CiG Astral Projektor

More folk horror for 2020, this time by Scott Cooper (the Crazy Heart/Black Mass/Out of the Furnace guy).