This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Grand Morbid Resurrection 2018

Discussion in 'Bloodbath' started by MadTinus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. MadTinus

MadTinus Spelling/language nazi

So, the band is in the studio recording a new album. Thoughts, expectations?

I for one was somewhat surprised to read the news. Was not sure if there would ever be a new album, given the last album's title. Anyway, nice, hope it will be better than the last, cause to me it was not so great.

2. Belac

Belac Flesh To Steel

I had a rant about it in the offtopic thread but basically I have low expectations as long as Nick is fronting the band. Last album I went in with blind optimism thinking he had some unused vocal chops I just had not heard, and I was quite disappointed that he kind of ruined otherwise cool songs.

This time I have accepted he has no dynamics or range, and it probably won't be that great unless they rotate some good guest vocalists in.

3. Lifemocker

Lifemocker Member

Just as Belac I have already complained, so summary of my rant:

Nick sucked on Bloodbath album, sounded much better with heavy mastering on PL. I dont like the rotten sound and I know Fathomless Mastery and Breeding Death are not coming back.
    Also mentioned that if next album sucks I will fucking prove that anyone can do a better vocal job than them nowadays.

4. Tumn

Tumn baptized in blood

Obviously Tägtgren needs to come back

nizzon and Belac like this.
  5. Belac

Belac Flesh To Steel

That would be fantastic. Hi Tumn!

6. Lifemocker

Lifemocker Member

Eh, wasnt a huge fan of him, or maybe I just didnt like the album. Still probably better than Nick though. Would prefer Swano on vocals.

7. stefan86

stefan86 invariably off-topic

8. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

My first thought when Katatonia announced that they would take a break was a new BB-album, but I didnt expect it so I was still surprised.
    I have low expectations though. GMF sucks and it is absolutely not only because of the weird mix and Nicks vocals.

They have Tomas Åkvik from Lik as live guitarist now, I guess they could make him a full time member, he has an amazing growl. But there is no way that they will kick Nick, maybe they will do a duo? :)

#8 nizzon, Feb 13, 2018 at 12:24 PM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 12:30 PM