This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

guitar advice

Discussion in 'Non-Opeth Music Chat' started by angelofdeath9308, Jun 17, 2009.

1. HemeHaci

HemeHaci Ken Masters

^I guess you have to decide on your own :) We miserably failed to achieve consensus but, for my part, I am happy if I could make anything clear for you.

2. biggsy

biggsy New Metal Member

been real helpful, cheers

3. antipunx13

antipunx13 Member

who said anything about hardening fingertips? We're obviously talking about finger strength, meaning the strength required to apply a sufficient amount of pressure on the fret board so that you're not playing dead notes in chords and such.

well, when i started out, I wasn't consciously thinking "I'm going to play an acoustic first because it will ultimately be more beneficial to my guitar playing." That's just how it worked out for me. It happened that I first bought an acoustic, then an electric...this transition was seamless as opposed to transitioning from electric to acoustic (something I can't really speak to anyways). It seems like you're talking about "playing acoustic" as a style, but I'm talking about just playing an acoustic guitar: you can play the same shit you would play on an electric guitar on an acoustic guitar. I don't really see your point with all that muting and ringing talk.

as always I see no point in this argument, because if you're dedicated enough, you'll become good. It won't matter what you play first. I was just sharing my experience.

4. Molag Bal

Molag Bal New Metal Member

what kind of music do you want to play biggsy?

5. IbanezAxeMan

IbanezAxeMan Ridding The Disease