This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Guitar Player's Thread

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by Blindfold, Oct 16, 2006.

1. SteveMCsteve

SteveMCsteve Member

2. pnote

pnote Member

Herp derp, a little panama cover with the ever so interesting J-50BC JE-1000 setup. I really love the crunch and clarity this setup has :D

#29202 pnote, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  3. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHILDREN-BO...234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e2f9dc42

Price: Discounted price US $10.24

Oh wtf.. really :lol:

4. Leraios

Leraios New Metal Member

What can I say, that sounds marvellous :D
    I really need to get better pickups :erk: Uhh, and a better guitar, no way I'm modifying my current crappy chunk of wood :lol:

5. pnote

pnote Member

Thanks man :D its a really great tone, even for things not omg Alexi like as you hear ;)

haha, it really depends on the guitar. My V in that has a body from an old Epiphone V - it's some kind of low grade poplar but still sounds decent imo

on pickups..well it really depends but you can get a lot of great pickups. I prefer the j-50bc and JE-1000 for me but sadly the price of the j-50bc has skyrocketed on ebay. Think I bought mine for 30 quid and made the JE-1000 myself so that was cheap enough :p

But really besides that, the best pups I've heard (and Ive had like 15 different in diff guitars and tried quite a few on friends) are surely Bare Knuckles. Just bang for your bucks, you know that with those its def. not the pickups that are lacking!

Look into th Rebel Yell, damn that one has some crunch and sweet tone.

6. innuenDO

innuenDO Pottwahl

Can anyone please post a wiring diagram or a photo of a installed j-80? The same stuff of a j-50bc would do as well I think.

7. phantomnote

phantomnote Member

They use the same color codes as Seymour Duncan, and they have tons of wiring diagrams :D

8. JonWormwood

JonWormwood Member

bare green = ground
    red white = together and out of the way
    black = hot

9. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

http://www.thomann.de/fi/prs_se_mike_akerfeldt.htm

Suggest me a guitar like this that's got good playability and metal + clear sound. I've got bored with my RR24m somehow (maybe if it was the yellow one with ebony it would be a different thing). I've figured I won't be a good guitar player and I don't need the whammy bar for anything. I just want a guitar that's got good sounds for different types of metal, good playability and looks.

I tried this, it's a very good guitar, only problem is you can't quite reach the highest notes like in the RR24.

10. innuenDO

innuenDO Pottwahl

Thanks! So is a 50K poti always enough for one passive pickup?

11. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

I believe 50K would be for active circuit(JE-1000 or whatever its called is active circuit, amirite?). Traditionally passive hums in a passive circuit use 500K pots

12. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

http://youtu.be/nsuiA8SblNE

new in flames cover thought i post it here since it isnt bodom. its off sync a little but oh well. criticism on improvement of playing, tone or anything else is welcomed

13. Leraios

Leraios New Metal Member

Well... That's why I'm not modifying my current guitar :lol:
    I have always wanted something like the J-50BC, yet not an actual J-50BC (for a few reasons). EMG's are not my thing, and I also visually dislike "naked" pickups.. Like, I'd put a cover on any pickup, so it could look more like an active while still being passive. Which is another reason I love the J-50BC.
    I checked out Bare Knuckles' site a few months ago and wasn't convinced by any of the sound clips, but am going to hear them again anyway. I'm still looking for something like the J-50BC :p (Edit: I think I just fell in love with the bridge ceramic Nailbomb).

Oh, by the way, does anybody know about a font based on (or that was used in) the WildChild sticker? I wanted to place that sticker on my future guitar but now I've changed my mind and want different text on it... However, no font seems to fit it well and I'd like to try with the same kind of letters used in that sticker... Anybody?

14. phantomnote

phantomnote Member

@Leriariairasos
    If you really want the J-50BC why dont you get one?

Otherwise taking a PAF and swapping a ceramic magnet in might give you some of the same results, as essentially that is what the j-50bc is.
    You'd still want a boost like the je-1000 then tho, cus alone that kind of pickup sounds like ass :D

also
    sloppedy slop slop heres a cover of the IYF solo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbR9MWAfs7o&context=C31722c8ADOEgsToPDskLT0k6ATozjw-WjbEuwH6fp[/ame]

cant play it up to speed yet, must say that this is not the style Im best at :p

15. charli

charli Member

Dimarzio Super Distortion or SD Dimebucker .. Which pickup would you guys prefer?

16. phantomnote

phantomnote Member

Duncan on the dimebucker:

available mods
    Comes in any color you want. As long as it's black.

They be trollin at duncan

anyways, Ive always liked the SD since the Dimebucker sometimes gets muddy. However both are kickass :p the Dimebucker looks cooler :p

I prefer the Super Distortion, just well voiced for guitar (loads of mids, not too much treble :p)

17. charli

charli Member

dammit I can't choose, I love the super distortion since I saw it on paul gilbert's guitar on intense rock II and boy that tone is AWESOME but Im not very sure wheter It'll be well suited for death metal (ive never seen metal players using super distortions ) . The dimebucker sounds very good in all metal styles AND looks cool although id like it on white or silver

18. TheKid

TheKid OFR

X2N bridge and Tone Zone neck?

/my2cents.jpg

19. phantomnote

phantomnote Member

Generally a medium output pickup will have so many styles within it. Also the super distortion is pretty hot already. Its more about how you dial in the amp in the end and what kind of eq you want your pickup to have from the beginning.
    A "death metal" pickup will often be much too muddy because people think more output=more win. Then they dime the gain on their amp and get phases ad libitum :p

20. phantomnote

phantomnote Member