This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Headphones

Discussion in 'Maiden Downunder' started by Blitzkrieg, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Master Exploder

Today I bought some pricey 'Beats by Dr Dre' because I've been sick of earbuds for a while now, and holy shit, I wish I'd upgraded to some quality headphones sooner. Coupled with my old discman, the sound quality fucking creams my mp3 player. Very pleased.

2. dreamwatch

dreamwatch Syntax error

I've heard good things about those, though be careful with them - I have two friends who are both on their second pairs (under warranty replacements).

I'm not a fan of on ear headphones, I just find them too heavy and clunky and the outside noise irritates. However, I was very tempted by the B&W P5's. Not only do they look awesome, but they were really comfy and had a lovely, rich sound. I've just discovered a crack in the over ear cable of my Shure SE420's so I suspect their time is limited. Maybe I'll go for those on ear headphones after all. :p

3. FerretallicA

FerretallicA HMAS Slagdestroyer

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Master Exploder

They're magic. I'm glad the cord can be taken out of the headphones and they even came with a replacement cord, as that is usually the first part to wear down. Will take good care of em though.

The only ones I have heard that come close to these are the top of the line Bose noise cancelling ones that my brother owns, but I ain't paying over $500 for headphones.

5. Southy

Southy Proud Brisbane Metaller

I used to have an awesome Sony headphones I bought duty free, my kids finally had their way with them late last year, they were bloody awesome though. I have a set of wireless headphones that let me walk around the house these days, not bad, but there has to be quality loss because of the wireless thing.

Anyhoo, that's my story and my can of beans there, cheers