This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello, I make music akin to Symphonic Metal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by AALLF, May 22, 2020.

1. AALLF

AALLF New Metal Member

I suppose I was a former lurker here years ago. I used to read the music production threads to help me find my way when I was just beginning to record and mix. It was a lot of help, but I never joined, for I didn't think I had much to contribute to the conversation. Now, however, I'm excited to have my own music to share, and am looking forward to participating in this community in any way I am able.

The music I write isn't all metal, but I do consider myself a metal fan. My favorite genres are probably the more melodic kind: Melodic Death Metal, Symphonic Metal, a little Power and Folk Metal. My favorite band is probably Insomnium. They were the first true Melodic Death band that I ever heard back in college, and opened the door to the metal world for me. Other bands I like are Nightwish, Omnium Gatherum, Eluveitie, Equilibrium...bands like that.

I write, record, produce my own music under the name "An Ancient Legend, Long Forgotten", and just released my first EP at the beginning of this month (05/2020). It's hard for me to categorize my own sound, but I would say its somewhere between Symphonic/Melodic/Folk and Alt. I also use a Vocaloid (Megpoid GUMI), but I plan on releasing instrumentals for every vocal track.

Anyway, that's about it. Thank you for letting me join your community.