This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HELLOWEEN Pumpkins United World Tour 2017/2018 w MICHAEL KISKE & KAI HANSEN

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by KingsGene, Nov 14, 2016.

1. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

HELLOWEEN ANNOUNCE PUMPKINS UNITED WORLD TOUR 2017 / 2018 FEATURING THE RETURN OF MICHAEL KISKE AND KAI HANSEN

"...Here comes the sensation for all Helloween fans: You believed in it for years and continued to ask for it – now is the time: In fall 2017, Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen will once again mount a Helloween stage together and resurrect the band’s legendary original line-up....Yes, it’s official: Weikath, Kiske, Hansen, Grosskopf are going to play Helloween classics live and on a joint tour.... For 30 years, Helloween have been delighting their fans with fantastic riffs, great songs, and haunting melodies – three decades of a global career they officially celebrated with the Hellbook in 2015. This is when the idea for Punpkins United was born: The Anniversary Bible as well as touring with Kai made them realize that this band’s story is demanding its next chapter. Or, as Michael Kiske describes it: "Playing an original Helloween track with Unisonic was quite a flashback already, but rocking with the original line-up and Andi will be something really special. The time has come!"...
    ...The super tour’s first confirmed date is October 28, 2017 in Sao Paulo and takes the full Pumpkins United entourage across selected cities and venues in Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the US. An extremely big deal, which, including a few secret surprises, will present almost three hours of the biggest hits from three decades of Helloween as the band will obviously insist on performing a full-speed trip through the Helloween repertoire. "We already had an awesome time on the Hellish Rock part 1 & 2, but this time we’ll definitely double down on it," says Kai Hansen, and Markus Grosskopf adds: "There’ll for sure be songs that we haven’t played in a very long time or even ever before...."

#1 KingsGene, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Hestis likes this.
  2. Azrael LenGraden

Azrael LenGraden Lake Of Fire

Should be awesome!

3. 1000 Faces

1000 Faces Member

Seems kinda strange that they're launching this tour after festival season – you'd think they could make pretty good scratch doing this at the major European fests first.

4. engmtlhd

engmtlhd Member

Not holding my breath they're coming anywhere near the south.

5. CrimsonEmotions

I fully agree. I'd love to see them play Atlanta, but I'd say 50/50 at best.

Maybe an appearance at PPUSA 2018?

6. Keir

Keir Member

Hoping for a New England appearance myself, though I'd travel to NY for this if I have to!

7. engmtlhd

engmtlhd Member

I would say you stand a must better chance of seeing them than we do down here. Their last couple of treks through the U.S. saw them take the northern/western route completely bypassing us metal heads down here in the good ol' south.

8. broegaard

broegaard Member

Got my tickets for Sao Paulo gigs

9. Weyland

Weyland Member

Omg I hope they will come to Poland.

10. Formerly known as Chris F5

Sadly I have written off seeing this already because of this...

So sick of tours staying north and west of us (and getting multiple dates in Texas in smaller markets than down here)...when we have more than enough meyalheads here to full venues

11. SeaStorm

SeaStorm Member

I'll travel if this doesn't come to my region. Must see in my book.

12. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

13. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

14. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

15. Fixxer315

Fixxer315 Member

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless they are holding out, this is the extent of their US run--six days within about a week--nowhere near the south east. I really had hoped that Glenn could get them on board for next year's PPUSA, because that would have been a perfect show to headline either nights one or two, and no doubt would have lead to the first pair of PPUSA dates selling out more quickly.

However, I shouldn't be surprised as outside of PPUSA, many of the lesser-known metal bands avoid the southeast outside of Florida. I should be grateful to Glenn & co that we get to see many of these bands at all--as well as the the owners of the Masquerade who have also been able to bring in some good bands like Iced Earth and Sonata Arctica.

Nonetheless, I'll wait for shows to pop up on the torrenting sites, and be jealous of those who live in and near the cities below (as well as those who can afford the time and money to travel to those cities).

North American dates:

September
    7 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
    8 - Los Angeles, CA - The Palladium
    10 - Chicago, IL - Concord Music Hall
    12 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis
    14 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
    15 - New York City, NY - Irving Plaza

Here's the link to the full story from Bravewords:

HELLOWEEN Announce 2018 North American Pumpkins United Tour Dates With MICHAEL KISKE, KAI HANSEN

16. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

To be honest, I'm actually surprised we're even getting THIS many shows. I figured New York and LA, plus Montreal and maybe Toronto.

Definitely traveling to this one!

17. TwstDrSteph

TwstDrSteph Official Pagan Goddess

Ticket for NY secured! :D

Tags: