This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Bubbles tip of the day... Want to post a youtube, vimeo, soundcloud or other media links? Just paste the URL in your post and the forum will auto convert the link for you.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you know... you can tag people by typing an @ symbol before their user name when posting. They will receive an alert once tagged.
    Dismiss Notice

Help finding a decent amp for my price range?

Discussion in 'Musicians Discussion' started by TheShredMiester, May 12, 2012.

1. TheShredMiester

Expand Collapse

May 12, 2012
    I am looking for a good high gain tube amp for around $600. I am thing a bugera 333xl. but I want to know of some other amps in my price range that are of that quality or better.

I would prefer it be $600 or less for both the amp and cab together, but the most I could spend is 800 possibly 900 dollars. my question is, what would be the best amp and cab in this price range for me to get. even if you think I should get the bugera 333xl, then what cab should i get? the bugera head is 600 dollars, so that would mean the cab would have to be under 300 dollars new.

The head must be AT LEAST 100 watts.

Honestly, as long as the head is under 800, I have a 120 watt 1x12 I can plug into for now, I was looking at the randall rt-100 as well, opinions?
  2. Black Orifice

Black Orifice
    Expand Collapse
    Vein-Marbled Tower

May 29, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Buy used. Here's a list of some great sounding amps that run for cheap on ebay and craig's list.

Peavey Ultra (The early 90's model, the wiring of the 5150 was based on its schematics)
    Tube Works TD-725
    Sunn Beta Lead

Hafler T3 (I have one, they sound sick)
    Peavey Rock Master
    Tube Works Real Tube RT-902 or RT9-22

Power Amps:
    Any of the Peavey Classic series (50/50,100/100, etc.)
    Tube Works Mosvalve
    Hafler Mosfet
    ADA Micro Tube

If you're trying to go cheap on a cab, buy a cheap empty one and put some Eminence speakers in there. A decent set of 4 will run you a little over $250. Don't slouch on good speakers, they're the final and one of the most important pieces of your set-up.