This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Help my album cover

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by ChronicMasterBasser, Aug 18, 2009.

1. ChronicMasterBasser

ChronicMasterBasser New Metal Member

ok so this is still really, REALLY rough but I wanted to get an opinion before I went any further, or what you guys think would look good.

[​IMG]

2. Noel

Noel Mexican Member

I don't like the color combination.

3. The Butt

The Butt Unholy gas, flares from my ass

I like the color of the sky but I don't like the color of green used for the tall grass.

Maybe a more brownish, earthy color.

4. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

It's looks good!

BUT, as teh buttz0r said, the grass should be another more fitting colour. And the statue imo seems to.... just ... pop into the picture, it doesn't look like it belongs there.

5. GuitariSteve

GuitariSteve Member

Same. It looks like a picture though the artwork is computer work. It doesn't fit or you should work on it.
    Also, I find the statue too big when you compare it to the tree. You might think people won't notice it if it's smaller but I find it better for it to be somehow hidden. It adds some kind of mysterious feeling.

EDIT : Oh yeah, and about the grass, how could it be that green? There's not even light. And what is at the bottom of the image? Is that a dark bush or is it still the grass but overshadowed? If it's grass, it's unrealistic because, as I said, there's no light. Actually, the bush can't be dark when the grass is green.

6. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

Yes hidden is good.

Or liek, have it transparent some place.

7. Swabs

Swabs HAHA COOL

People don't seem to get colour coordination these days, it really isn't hard to learn.

8. Antyman

Antyman En Ful Jävel

make the pic black and white.. and red.. and then replace the angel with Han Solo.

9. TheKid

TheKid OFR

:lol: :kickass:

10. vikk

vikk Member

11. shadowmac

shadowmac Member

I dig the color combinations, if you are looking for a dark mood, I think you succeeded. It looks like a "pre-storm" situation. If I have a critique, it would be that the statue / angel looks "planted" / superimposed. Maybe that's what you were shooting for. Over-all, I thinks its cool!

Check out the art on our site - we utilized angels quite a bit (ours is a concept album revolving around angels and fallen angels), though ours is all hand-crafted - no photos were used in the art on our site / album.

JM

12. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

Spend the time practicing, get good, good enough to have a professional do your artwork.

13. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

REALLY Ditch that angel thing, i dont know about other people here, but i find objects/persons sticking out of bloody nowhere on a cover intrusive, and completely out of place.

Other than that, color combination has been mentioned, hard to say what i would change though, sky or grass.. I'm a sucker for green myself so i'd probably make the grass even greener and change the sky, but that's my personal taste.

Tell ya what, why don't you try out several ideas and post them all?

14. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

^That last sentence sums it up.

For the current one, I'd say (as most have) get rid of the angel as it really looks like it was put there but doesn't fit at all. Maybe if it has something to do with the album it can be justified, but if is just random then I'd say get rid of it. I do like the green-red combination though.