This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help with arrangements

Discussion in 'Spastic Ink/Watchtower' started by the_satanic_rabbit, Apr 21, 2006.

1. the_satanic_rabbit

the_satanic_rabbit Return of Ganon

I liked Jadty's midi file so much, I had to make my own. :D

Seriously though, I've been using a note generation program which I wrote to help me come up with some ideas...the only problem is that when I put it together, it really sounds like spastic ink or something Ron would write. Not that it's bad, but it's so different from what I normally write. And I want to somehow put in the wacky stuff in a sutble way with my normal sounding stuff, but it just sounds too different.

I was working on a song and in the middle of it I wanted to have some wacky stuff, so I plugged some stuff into my program and transcribed it. The part I was working on right before it sounded like music from contra, so I put in a contra type part before the wacky stuff in the midi to see how it sounds. But I don't know how to transition from something so normal to something so drastic, and then back again.

Any thoughts?

Here is the midi.

http://sconnelly0170.home.mchsi.com/files/wacky.mid

Thanks...

2. Zyquix

Zyquix Member

I really can't help you here.. Actually I don't think you need a transition in the second part. But it might be easier to say with more instruments programmed.

3. Metis

Metis New Metal Member

I know what you mean writing transitions is an art it's what makes a bunch riffs become a song. To be honest i would say its just practice and fiddling around. One thing you could try is a chord progression leading from a "normal" section into a "wacky" section.